Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this car in yesterday. Thought you guys might want to get a good look at a 2006 SS Coupe. I'm thinking of putting chrome door handles and a chrome grill on it, should I ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is this a non-supercharged coupe? I noticed the smaller spoiler, absence of a boost gauge, and supercharged decals. Thought that the only non-SC were going to be the 4dr SSs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
if it was mine I would remove things not really add chrome, too much chrome in the wrong place looks tacky, especially newer vehicles, IMHO.
I would remove
the side square GM emblems,
the "cobalt" from the trunk
the chevy bowtie from the trunk
tint the tail lights
tint the rear side markers
paint the headlights
replace those amber turn signal bulbs w/ the silverstar bulbs

wash, wax and drive all day.

this is going to cause quite a stir on this site in the future....
I can see many people coming in saying they beat a CSS, thinking it is the supercharged model not knowing there are two different models.
Well yeah they beat a CSS but.....not many can tell the difference between them.
Someone buy one of these 2.4L SS and throw a turbo on it...quick quick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
alot of things look different..

The rear bumper doesnt seem to have a rear valance.. It's a little different.. I see silver trim and stuff.. Can you take a better pictures..

Also the front bumper as well.. There really is no bumper skirt package.. It's not as noticeable as on the 2005.. I don't know if I like that.. Cause it looks kind of like a base bumper.

The 17" chromes look good..

Soemtimes I wonder if I should have waited for the 2006 or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
labelkills98 said:
not as good looking as the 05 ss s/c if you ask me.
Its not an SS/SC, its just an SS. It has the 2.4L VVT Ecotec - 171 hp.

·
Registered
106 Posts
One thing i like about the SS is that there are still not that many our on the roads, this is just going to get them out there twice as fast now :(

·
Registered
543 Posts
DC52NV said:
is there really and engine underneath all that plastic? lol
I didn't even notice that at first, my thing was how big the stereo is. Aftermarket is about 1/3 that size. I hope they make decent looking adaptors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice car. Personally I wouldn' add the chrome handles or grille, it might look nice if the grille was painted the same as the body...also tinted windows would look nice. JMO

Al

·
Registered
360 Posts
Tint windows.
How are the stock internals on the 2.4L Ecotec? If they are strong enough from the factory, then I'd slap a turbo on that sucker, but I don't know if there's "room" for it.
Definately would get rid of all that plastic under the hood if it's not doing anything for the engine. I swear, I don't know why companies do crap like that, all it does is add to the cost AND can contribute to excessive heat build-up in the engine bay.
Unless it's some sort of closed air-cooling system that reroutes air coming in from the front over the engine and down and out the bottom rear of the engine bay. Still, seems kinda silly when they do all that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That looks like a LS with SS badges on it. That also looks like the standard 2.2L ECOTEC. You would think that GM would dress up the 2.4L VVTi engine ,or what ever you call it, much nicer than that!? What is with all that plastic? That is terrible!

·
Registered
158 Posts
SS4ME said:
That looks like a LS with SS badges on it. That also looks like the standard 2.2L ECOTEC. You would think that GM would dress up the 2.4L VVTi engine ,or what ever you call it, much nicer than that!? What is with all that plastic? That is terrible!
i agree 100%!

·
Registered
376 Posts
BizoCG said:
So is this thing Supercharged or Not???? If its not why does it say SS on the side of it...
no, it's not supercharged. they put the SS badges on it for the "appearance" package i'm guessing. all it's going to do is have people think they can smoke cobalt SS's w/ ease. lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
BizoCG said:
So is this thing Supercharged or Not???? If its not why does it say SS on the side of it...
and SS doesn't mean Supercharged, the 1st CSS is almost, if not the only SS made with a supercharger, just like the SRT-4 is the only SRT vehicle w/ forced induction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SS4ME said:

i also agree! it is a LS with the SS badges. but it has the 2.4L. Man you should slap a turbo on that thing, i think it would kick azz :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts