Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat in the 2 door non supercharged ss the other day at the dealership. oh god, where to begin... no leather, just the boring light color cloth. boring engine compartment. it has the same cheesy cover my LS does. it was an automatic. the only good thing i can say about it was that they kept the 4 wheel discs. It's been said all over this forum, but the ricer kiddies are gonna have a field day with this car... "yeah I beat one of those SS cobalts... they aint shit." I hope they don't continue this into 2007.

·
Registered
251 Posts
skater2968 said:
I sat in the 2 door non supercharged ss the other day at the dealership. oh god, where to begin... no leather, just the boring light color cloth. boring engine compartment. it has the same cheesy cover my LS does. it was an automatic. the only good thing i can say about it was that they kept the 4 wheel discs. It's been said all over this forum, but the ricer kiddies are gonna have a field day with this car... "yeah I beat one of those SS cobalts... they aint shit." I hope they don't continue this into 2007.
Problem is the "ricer kiddies" have to get their 119hp 0.2lb-ft Civics up to 175hp to hang with the 2.4L SS :eek:! In all seriousness though, if they can't tell the difference between a 2.4L and 2.0L then they really need to go get an eye exam and get the hell off the road. If all else fails they can't possibly miss the difference in the spoilers and rear valance...but then again you never know...the 8 ft of sheet metal hanging off their trunk might get in the way of their view :D.

Permafried-

·
Registered
128 Posts
They have some ball. They arnt the biggest, but they are there.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
skater2968 said:
Permafried said:
Problem is the "ricer kiddies" have to get their 119hp 0.2lb-ft Civics up to 175hp to hang with the 2.4L SS ! In all seriousness though, if they can't tell the difference between a 2.4L and 2.0L then they really need to go get an eye exam and get the hell off the road. If all else fails they can't possibly miss the difference in the spoilers and rear valance...but then again you never know...the 8 ft of sheet metal hanging off their trunk might get in the way of their view .

Permafried-

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the one i sat in was leather, with a nifty ss embroidery in the headrest with two checkered flags, it was a stick too. i didn't get to drive it though as my friend dave wasn't in that day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't saying they weren't quick, i'm saying that the exterior difference is minimal, as anyone can simply replace the spoiler, and i myself haven't noticed the rear valance difference. People notice the SS badging, and will associate it with the supercharged model. It may be quick, but the supercharged is faster. It's going to trash the SS cobalt title.

·
Registered
306 Posts
skater2968 said:
I wasn't saying they weren't quick, i'm saying that the exterior difference is minimal, as anyone can simply replace the spoiler, and i myself haven't noticed the rear valance difference. People notice the SS badging, and will associate it with the supercharged model. It may be quick, but the supercharged is faster. It's going to trash the SS cobalt title.
We should all write GM and tell them to stop this madness...

·
Registered
251 Posts
wasey13 said:
Ok that post officially gave me my laugh for the day...I could really care less if you're taking a knock at me that's god damn hilarious :D. Oh...and in case you couldn't tell my post was being completely and totally sarcastic ;).

So therefore I don't need to quit
because I wasn't
in the first place! I gotta say though that horse SURE is dead :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
personally if adding another ss model get's GM's sales up, then that's awesome, especially if they then turn around and use the money to R&D us some GMPP products.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love my ss n/a. Its still got power...it just needs some more. I think GM made a smart move by offering the ss in sc or n/a versions.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
and they're gonna make another smart move by releasing stage kits and upgrades for both of them... that way they'll make more money.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea they will...they should make a killing on that stuff as long as they dont over price it tooo much.

·
Registered
251 Posts
iso said:
and they're gonna make another smart move by releasing stage kits and upgrades for both of them... that way they'll make more money.
By the look of the number of upgrades to be released for the Cobalts in general it looks as though GMP is using the Cobalt as their test harness. Hopefully the aftermarket takes off and they continue to release new upgrades...nothing but good can come from this unless NO ONE buys the parts which I can't imagine will be an issue.

Permafried-

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Permafried- said:
By the look of the number of upgrades to be released for the Cobalts in general it looks as though GMP is using the Cobalt as their test harness. Hopefully the aftermarket takes off and they continue to release new upgrades...nothing but good can come from this unless NO ONE buys the parts which I can't imagine will be an issue.

Permafried-
i agree, there should be nothing but good from an added ss model. people are worried that it's gonna ruin the ss/sc's "street cred", but you know even when you whip an rsx-s on the street he goes and tells all his friends how he beat when of those supercharged cobalts, and then they all laugh. so the sooner GMPP or any other company for that matter releases parts to get us runnin sub 13 second quarter passes, then that will be a day of glory for us all.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Permafried- said:
Ok that post officially gave me my laugh for the day...I could really care less if you're taking a knock at me that's god damn hilarious :D. Oh...and in case you couldn't tell my post was being completely and totally sarcastic ;).

So therefore I don't need to quit
because I wasn't
in the first place! I gotta say though that horse SURE is dead :).

Permafried-
Is wasn't directed just at you, it was directed at everyone that keeps crying about how the NA SS is going to ruin the supercharged car's "image". Like your guy's car is a supermodel or something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
alkaline3 said:
Wasey, what are you runnin' anyways?
I drive a '77 280z right now. I've only ran it at the track once... with just a 50shot, I ran a [email protected] on 185/75 street tires. I now have a 5spd(instead of 4spd) manual, higher compresson/different head, more spray, slicks. :D Oh its a POS. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts