Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2007 Cobalt ss/sc and i love it. Alot. With the exeption that when i turn the A/C on the car idles and bogs down terribly. It nearly dies when i come to a stop. In order to get through 1st gear i have to ride the clutch to keep the rpm's up and prevent stalling.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated because i took it back to the dealer and they say they cant duplicate a problem that isn't "normal working order"

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I haven't brought it up to the dealer yet, but plan to. I have no idea whats going on, I just deal with it, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yea, that's what i have been doing up until i found a trans leak so it was already at the dealer. Figured i would have them check it out and they just told me "deal with it, its how the car runs"

Kind of sucks.

I also read a few places to clean out the thr***le body for idle issues...may give it a try, it sounds easy enough.

·
Registered
414 Posts
yah, me too, im at almost 30. It never died on me so I just let it be and press on.

·
Registered
451 Posts
had a cavalier once that would do that, and my intake was hindering the thr***le cable from functioning fulley, i didnt have a supercharger though

·
1,087 Posts
Keep taking it to the dealer and give them a fit about it so that they can do some pretty beneficial modifications to it if its bothering you too much.

I hear that they may even get you a CAI w/short ram if it bothers you that much?? Then it should really be no problem because there is more airflow through your piping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
a/c idle

this may be the problem, have you unhooked the battery? my 00 eclipse gt would do this because the car had to re-learn the idle, try disconnecting the battery for 10 min then start it up and let it idle for another 10 mins, dont touch it. this might work...J

·
Registered
414 Posts
Might try that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts