Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy's Cobalt SS Coupe goes on sale soon, but the door count comes up short for some folks who would otherwise consider the turbo-fed modern-day Z24. Powered by the 2.0 liter turbocharged Ecotec four that does an uncanny impression of a small block V8, the Cobalt SS looks to offer a significant grin coefficient for $22,995. There's only a few options, this being a top-dog model. A limited-slip differential will help hardcore drivers power out of turns and costs $495, and the only other boxes to tick are for a sunroof, metallic paint, and a rear wing – all items we'd gladly omit to save weight and cost. In contrast to the equally-priced HHR SS, the Cobalt SS wears summer-only Continental tires and also carries a beefier brake package from Brembo. The porting of the hot rod powertrain to the four door bodyshell is another beacon of hope for those who find a two door impractical (ever tried to wrangle a baby seat into a coupe?) but still want to have some fun, and the reasonable price of entry makes the SS and its quick, competent performance an attainable domestic entry in the economy missile segment.

[Source: MotiveMag], by Dan Roth
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/09/2008-chevy-cobalt-ss-sedan-first-look-and-pricing/

·
Registered
11 Posts
so has the sedan come out yet i cant get a coupe becouse i need a family car. anybody know what the price tag is going to be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
does anybody have an new info on wether if chevy is going to make the ss turbo in the sedan i can seem to find any new info on this

·
Registered
147 Posts
i ordered my 09 ss/tc three weeks ago and they aked me if i wanted a coupe or sedan. i got the coupe but the guy made it seem like they make a ss sadan too. go to ur local dealer and to find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts