Cobalts SS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you're looking for a pocket rocket on a shoestring budget, the turbocharged Chevrolet Cobalt SS finally takes the fight to established class-leading performance economy cars like the Mazda Mazdaspeed 3, Volkswagen GTI, and Honda Civic Si. And now you think we've lost it, as the Cobalt SS starts at $24,000, about $500 more than the Mazdaspeed 3, $1000 more than the GTI and $2000 more than the Si. "And the Cobalt has a terrible interior," you say. Yes, I agree it could use some attention, but after a day at the track, I can definitely say, that's fine with me.

First, you can buy the car in silver, white, or black and without the over-sized rear spoiler. And this year it also comes in sedan form - even better for not arousing suspicion from the 5-0. You'll need a subdued color because the speeds the SS are capable of are simply amazing. No, that isn’t a misprint - read on.

More: 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Review on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
147 Posts
i like my interior. ur buying a performance car not a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i dont see why the magazines criticize our interiors so bad, we have everything you need and the seats are cool, so what that the dash looks pretty normal, they are just haters!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i don't understand why the price is a big issue. i went to a few dealers, honda and mazda and they are real stubborn on the prices and might drop a grand. the chevy dealer dropped it from 24,500 to 20,000.... it's easily the better deal.. that and the MS3 looks like a wagon more than a hatchback in my opinion...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I sat in the SS TC coupe and it's spartan but the seat is great. I wish it were power adjustable for tilt and lumbar though. Where's the armrest and center console?

As for the price, yeah it's easily $3000 less than the Mazdaspeed3. Can you justify the $3000 cost with better interior, HIDs, LED tail lights, and 3 extra doors?

As for the color and exterior, I plan to factory order it in Victory Red with the oversized high mount spoiler. I thought about Rally Yellow but Red looks sharper just IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts