Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I plan on buying the new SS, but i need to know sum things first. Please dnt sit there and try to tell me the cobalt is perfect. Im needing to know the strengths an weakness of the cobalt ss, everything from performance to the interior. Any major issue's? I heard that GM offers a performance tune for the cobalt SS that's supposed to put out 20 more HP and 40 more tq, is this true and if so how much? Anything I should know about the car will be greatly appreciated! So far i have chosen the victory red paint job, body kit with high sport wing and of course limited split differential. Thanks!

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Look man, the Cobalt SS is light weight, it's turbo, and it's bangin! And I had a Turbo Balt hand me my rear while I was in my Caliber SRT.... And I don't like losing...

GM does offer a tune that has minimal gains but allows you to keep your warentee, there are more agressive tunes out there but bye bye warentee....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Only bad thing I've experienced is the wear on my tires :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jmo

First gear sucks . . . . . .

Interior rattles are annoying

But the handling and quick engine response but a grin on my face :) not to mention the gas milage ain't bad either

·
Registered
70 Posts
1) Rear brakes wear out before 20K on most.
2) Cam endplates leak oil on most. New gasket needed.
3) Intercooler piping is flimsy.
4) There is a power steering recall.
5) The brakes don't work when they're wet.
6) The sunroof rattles like a can full of rocks.
7) The rear pops when it gets cold out.
8) The valve cover leaks on some.
9) The dealer will treat you like a criminal if you have any issues.

Aside from that, I love this car. It was cheap (I paid 15.8K for it) and with the Turbo Upgrade kit (alias GMS1), this thing shits and gits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts