Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Confirming speculation, Honda has revealed the new 2012 Honda Civic Si with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine making 200-hp. A slight increase of 3-hp over the outgoing model, the larger displacement engine (by 0.4-liters) makes 170 lb-ft of torque, a more drastic jump of 31 lb-ft.

While perhaps not the massive jump forward that some would like, it's exactly the engine Honda fans have been calling for for years.

Available as both a coupe and a sedan, Honda is claiming 31-mpg highway for the sports coupe.

Along with the Si, Honda has also revealed the rest of the 2012 Civic lineup, with a 45-mpg Civic Hybrid, Civic Sedan, Coupe and natural-gas powered model.
Get more: 2012 Honda Civic Si Confirmed With 200-HP 2.4L at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Honda Civic SI is loaded with many handy features and i am sure it will make ride more smooth and hassle-free...Honda civic si is best redesigned version of US best selling compact cars..Heard that it will on sell in this year..So just waiting for it..

·
1,087 Posts
The civic Si is a horrible car. The ride is stiff from factory and has a surprising amount of body roll which makes no sense because they ride on 17"s so it has more tire to absorb road imperfections compared to the Cobalt SS' 18"s....

It is great that it makes 200hp N/A, but it is nothing to the SS in either aspiration. And the interior may 'look' great, but it is still far cheaper than the Cobalt's due to its Japanese styling. And somehow I don't think that it will ever compare to performance of an SS any time soon. ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
ill keep sandy but i will say this there clutch / gear box is just sweeeet. like hot knife through butter. not even i can screw up a shift in those things.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Yea they suck. But I have been beat by one..I was with a few buddy in another cobalt. Gto and a 3 speed and this guy smoked us. Come to find out twin turbo. With 100 shot of nos. It was little older then this onc but these guys have so much aftermarked stuff its not funny. Hell we just got lnf cams a few days ago

1 - 11 of 11 Posts