Cobalts SS banner

235/40/18s and Rubing. The ansser inside!

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sunrise_mj 
#1 ·
Well I alot of you asked about rubing with 235s. Well here is your ansser.
The rims I used are 18X7.5 42mm offset. Stock is 18X7 40mm offset.

Yes and no.
Here is what I mean.

I had a problem with them rubing and You can see this in the pics.
I also have a fix for it that you can see in the pics.

Ok here is the ONLY rubing problem I had.

This happend at about 2/3 to the lock the first time a backed the car up with the new tires and rims.

And I fixed this by taking the wheels off and using a heat gun to sofen the plastic and puting two screws in to hold it away from the tire.

There where no other problems with it rubing any where els for the 250 or so miles I drove it with the new rims and tires.
Now I do not have a lowering springs on the car yet and might not for a while.

Ill keep you all updated if I have any more problems.

Later :D

See less See more
#5 ·
chevycobaltowner said:
I like those tires. What kind are they, how much are they and do they make them to fit our stock rims. And by the way it looks like you fixed your problem. How long did it take to heat it up enough to where you could bend it?
There BFG G-force KDW2s. And they do make them in a size that will fite the stock rims. There about 165 each.
Took me about 20 sec with a heat gun and then it was set. I could bent it without the heat gun but it would just pop right back where it was befor. The heat gun was just so it would stay pute while I put the screws in it.

Later

#9 ·
There is not compareson. They kill the stockers big time!
I cant wait to have some fun with it at the track and see what kind of times I can get with just tires and a few other things that will not add any power to the car.

Later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.