Cobalts SS banner

3 step meguiars detailing kit

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Malice 
#1 ·
Gonna try it out tonight! I Will let you know the results when finished!!!

The Products!

The Challenge: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS (Black)

The other products that will be involved:

Mothers All Wheel Cleaner
Invisible Glass
NXT Tire Shine (Sux in my opinion but got on sale)
Microfiber Sponge (For Washing)

After i finish with this car, I will do my Mothers (Lucille) Red SRT-4, and then My E.Blue Dodge SRT4. :thumbsup:

All pics will be updated throughout this thread! :thumbsup:

Any tips afterwards will be greatly appreciated!

After a few Steps:

As you can tell it is Very Dirty!

Washed her up with the Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner

See, this paint has some swirl marks, but we will see how much of those stay after we are done tonite!

After a Few more Steps:

This is what the paint looked like after step one (yes i needed to wipe more)

This is what the paint looked like after step two (a lot better)

And this is after step three, and it looks SWEET!

So now i need to finish the whole car, and boy does it take a lot out of the arms!

Already i know it was worth the money for the 3 step kit!

Gabriel

See less See more
#3 ·
i am taking my sweet freakin time with it...I just realized how out of shape i am...lol...

I just barely finished with the entire front end...am gonna start working on the roof and doors now...then soon enough the rear end...

Damn, my arms are noodlely...i may have to wait for finishing Pics for tomorrow, when the sun is out! That way you can see the Bling Bling!

Gabriel

#7 ·
that looks really good; huge improvement. i'm so glad i dont have to do all that hard circular polishing anymore, though. just wipe zaino on linearly,dry, and wipe off. no muscle involved.

careful nothing gets traped in that microfibre. they can scratch if that happens

#8 ·
Here are the day pics! Let me know what you think!

I hate Folks that park CLOSE to me, and squeeze out of their car.

Problem solved!

This is what plays on my Radio! MC Hammer Y0! :lol:

Not bad for a Hand Job...Not what you think Peoples!!!

Gabriel

#9 ·
If you like the meguair's 'three step' stuff, you should really check out Menzerna's Intensive Polish and Final Polish II. Best polishes I've ever used. I use Maguiar's show car glaze (dont remember the #) and used to use Gold Class wax on top, but I've found that it doesnt last as long as i'd like. Would not suggest the NXT wax on black - i found it to leave the car kind of 'sterile.'
I am now using BlackFire Wet Diamond. It is awesome. Check it out on www.blackfireusa.com

#16 ·
HeppyCat said:
three coats of polish isnt really going to do much. if you want the swirls out that bad, and your first try didnt take them, you probably need a more abrasive polish -- not more of what didnt work
Nah, it will work just fine... What also contributed to all of this was not doing such a perfect job and a bad back...

You will see buddy, already this stuff made a huge difference.

Gabriel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.