Cobalts SS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just out of curiousity, how much wheel hp does a 3000gt VR4? i know they are rated at 320hp and 315 ft/lb. just wondering. peace

·
Registered
454 Posts
The incredible weight is a killer on those things... my old boss had one LONG ago, when it was brand new and the LT1 Camaros were new. He stuck right next to a Z28 through 60 or so and then fell back. More power, but AWD and alot of weight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This may sound shocking but at the time the 3000gt was the fastest of the japanese sports cars (Supra, 300zx, rx7) They were able to turn low 13 second qrtrs at the strip thanks to AWD. They weighed about 3800-3900 lbs though.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
clownhair said:
This may sound shocking but at the time the 3000gt was the fastest of the japanese sports cars (Supra, 300zx, rx7) They were able to turn low 13 second qrtrs at the strip thanks to AWD. They weighed about 3800-3900 lbs though.
Thats a negative on low 13 second qtr. mile times. Mid 13s maybe, high 13s yes. ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
wasey13 said:
Thats a negative on low 13 second qtr. mile times. Mid 13s maybe, high 13s yes. ;)
I have only seen a small handful of them ever at the track and they were all heavily modded. So I have to use mag times that I read for my info on them. MT has a 95 at 13.5 qrtr mile and I have seen a published time of a 13.3 before but cannot find it currently.

·
Registered
241 Posts
wasey13 said:

Correct on that one.

To answer, they have NONE as they are AWD. Unless the driver messes up and over revs the launch they won't have any, and even if they did it would be minimal.

They are heavier cars due to the AWD and other gizmoes, but they weigh in about what a GTO weighs, so its not like they arn't going to be fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts