Cobalts SS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard something and seen some headlights coming off of a ramp and a 300z took off past me, when he slowed down i ran up behind him and then he took another ramp to a bypass that rarely has traffic. while going around the corner he downshifted, then me.. he took off and he caught me a little by suprise, but i floored it not even two seconds later i'm gaining so fast i almost ran into his rear end, so i jump lanes and i had atleast 5+ cars on him before even shifting to 4th

i tapped my brakes to let him know i was done playin and went on my merry way.

i don't know anything at all about the 300z's, what kind of specs are they running cause that sure was a slow car

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
1. it was NOT the Twin Turbo (300hp/300trq)
2. he was one shitty driver to loose by THAT much..

Nice kill.:)

I think the 2 + 2 would give you a run for you money... don't quote me tho, i aint 100%

they're 13.9 sec cars with a really good driver... i think they're also in the 3100-200lbs's

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
selfinfliction said:
i heard something and seen some headlights coming off of a ramp and a 300z took off past me, when he slowed down i ran up behind him and then he took another ramp to a bypass that rarely has traffic. while going around the corner he downshifted, then me.. he took off and he caught me a little by suprise, but i floored it not even two seconds later i'm gaining so fast i almost ran into his rear end, so i jump lanes and i had atleast 5+ cars on him before even shifting to 4th

i tapped my brakes to let him know i was done playin and went on my merry way.

i don't know anything at all about the 300z's, what kind of specs are they running cause that sure was a slow car
Was it 1st, 2nd, 3rd gen.?? TT or NA? I believe the 3rd gen. TT were mid to high 14sec. cars stock. Very heavy and very expensive to work on, but look oh sooo sweet. Great handling cars too. Good freeway kill.

·
Registered
543 Posts
there's are twin turbo's and N/A models.
TT [email protected] that but the kicker here...300 or so HP, 14.1sec 1/4mile (give or take 1-2 tenths depending on driver)
I don't know much about the N/A's but you can jsut imagine its slower.

the later models were around 3400lbs

·
Registered
543 Posts
KSE said:
TT is capable of 13.9's
I edited my post just for you KSE. ;)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
I edited my post just for you KSE. ;)
;) There was no need, but that's kool of you.

For those who think it may not be possible, do you own search. :cool:

90-95's 300zx TT 5spd = One nice, slick looking high 13 sec car

·
Registered
543 Posts
I sometimes wish I had more kill stories....I have only had one real race so far(not counting many 90-140hp that want to race everyday) and that was an STi....I saw we were turning onto the higway at the same time and I said to my wife...holy hell its an STi I wonder if he will try anything.... he got right beside me and I could hear he never changed to a higher gear, so I thought time to get my arse stomped. We were going maybe 25-30mph, we both punched it and he never gained anything farther than my back passenger door, I hit 3rd and started pulling hard. Hit 85mph and he was a good 2-3 cars back. I let off then he waited a bit then did the notorious flyby at high speed.
Sorry for hijacking the thread..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KSE said:
1. it was NOT the Twin Turbo (300hp/300trq)
2. he was one shitty driver to loose by THAT much..

no way that it could've been a tt, and it was one of the early 90's models (not sure what generation those were) i didn't hear any turbos, just two fart cans rumbling with the mad weater syndrome

·
Registered
162 Posts
selfinfliction said:
no way that it could've been a tt, and it was one of the early 90's models (not sure what generation those were) i didn't hear any turbos, just two fart cans rumbling with the mad weater syndrome

222 horse as I recall and not much torque to play with. Heavy too.

Casting my memory back to when they were new, I seem to recall a near 8 second 0-60 time. The TT models would jump to the good side of 6 seconds.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah it's kind of sad really. There are 2 supra's here in town both riced out and both N/A automatics. They always want to show off and it's quite funny when you go part throttle and still beat them by bus lengths. Disappointing to say the least though when you think you might have a run against (if modded) a very fast car that can blow your doors off and it turns out to be a slug instead of a snail(turbo pun). Kind of like the immitation srt's now and the ls coupe cobalt's. They look similar but they are from it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
mldvenm said:
Yeah it's kind of sad really. There are 2 supra's here in town both riced out and both N/A automatics. They always want to show off and it's quite funny when you go part throttle and still beat them by bus lengths. Disappointing to say the least though when you think you might have a run against (if modded) a very fast car that can blow your doors off and it turns out to be a slug instead of a snail(turbo pun). Kind of like the immitation srt's now and the ls coupe cobalt's. They look similar but they are from it.
I had a run in the other week with some guy in the new look-a-like SRT who must have thought he had a real one. He rev'd at me at the light I rev'd back and he looked totally stunned at the sound..... the rest isn't worth mentioning.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's why I swapped my SRT wing for an SXT wing. Just tinted windows and no decals/stickers. Why advertise? Keeps the cops off me too.
The early 90s 300Zs were so sad in the power department. I borrowed my Dad's girlfriend's 300Z to go to prom in. Made it to the beach party afterward pretty wuick though. :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
iball said:
That's why I swapped my SRT wing for an SXT wing. Just tinted windows and no decals/stickers. Why advertise? Keeps the cops off me too.
The early 90s 300Zs were so sad in the power department. I borrowed my Dad's girlfriend's 300Z to go to prom in. Made it to the beach party afterward pretty wuick though. :lol:
I am wanting to swap the SRT wing for the CarbonbyDesign "ducktail" wing but I can't find it on their site anymore.... if not from them another one like it. I like that low swoop back look better than the shopping cart handle.
I used to want one of those cars so bad back before I even had my license, since the first gen's were out. I still think they are nice looking rides.... the late models.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts