Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup 725miles on the car and today went to pass someone and when I shifted at 5300rpms it would not go into gear! So I tried it a few more times during the day and it would happen almost every time if I was shifting at 5K. It fells like shifting into a wall. It eventally gose in, but I have play with it for a few seconds. Has anyone else come across this?? Feels like a bad syncro??

·
Registered
156 Posts
i havent had problems like that, but my 3rd gear grinds periodically and pops out under hard acceleration. you have to hold it in there TIGHT if you dont want it to pop out. It makes a loud BAM when it comes out and the rpm's go sky high <------good thing i dont have nitrous or i would be slinging rods thru my hood!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
234 Posts
EastCoastZ said:
Yup 725miles on the car and today went to pass someone and when I shifted at 5300rpms it would not go into gear! So I tried it a few more times during the day and it would happen almost every time if I was shifting at 5K. It fells like shifting into a wall. It eventally gose in, but I have play with it for a few seconds. Has anyone else come across this?? Feels like a bad syncro??

Did you break the car in correctly? Should you be shifting into gear at 5300rpms with only 725 miles on the car?

I bet if you didn't shift above 4000rpms before 1000 miles this wouldn't have happened :rolleyes:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Psht, I redlined mine the first day I got it, with 8 miles on it, haven't had a problem since, have 1100 on it now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
i dont buy the whole breaking in thing. at least not how some people get all into it. im sure his problem is not that he shifted at 5300 in 3rd at 750 miles. 250 miles later if it would have been fine? dont think so. i got my car with 12 miles on it and had it up to 125 on the way home redlining 1st 2nd and 3rd and i have driven it pretty hard for these 4400 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
tube said:
Psht, I redlined mine the first day I got it, with 8 miles on it, haven't had a problem since, have 1100 on it now.
So have a lot of other people, so its not the driver. Brand new cars to a lot of people should be broken in how they are driven. Not like a grandma.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You idiots that floor your car from the beginning will not have a car that peforms well in the long run. Also my father is a 35 year GM guy, it's standard practice on all GM performance vehicles. I hope you blow your f*ckin engine. ALSO FYI. It is a fact that an internal seal exsists for Goodwrench employees to check for pulley mod's. Since it is the number one cause to blow your ecotec. Just saying for FYI. I have aLOT of connections here in Detroit. Right now I am having a custom flywheel created that weighs like 7 pounds(stocks like 20 somthing), this is going to be sick. I will follow up...

·
Banned
50 Posts
My buddy beat the shit out of his brand new STi with only 17 miles on it when he picked it up from the dealer. Ran fine for the next10k or whatever he had until he sold it. But then again, thats Subaru build quality. I wouldnt expect any less from GM than what has happened EastCoastZ and Ronnie. Theres no reason that a gearbox should need to be broken in. A clutch, yes. Gearbox made to last 100k+, NO. And needing to hold a gear in place tight by hand like Ronnie mentioned? HAHA. I would return the POS the first time I needed to do that and get a car with a T56 ;)

·
Banned
50 Posts
detroit_tuner said:
Also my father is a 35 year GM guy...
My father is a rocket scientist, so at the age of 5 I already had a 101 reading level. By the time I turned 7 I had a masters in biochemistry and aeronautics, and was going for my doctorate in astrobiochemical engineering.

Thank god my dad was a rocket scientist. Where would I be if I didnt have his smarts right out of the womb!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
All of you bitches STFU. Bottom line on a stock car drive it like ya stole it. Fuck the break in. You need to find the weak points anyway. Tranny should not blow up in normal day to day driving period. I could see if you were at a road course beating the hell outta the car all day these cars are not meant for that but giving it alittle gas to pass to get to work that bitch better work.

And for the fag playing with the flywheel. They already make those so tell your super secret machinist to give it up and just buy one and for your info my dad is a doctor but that doesn't mean SHIT.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Who cares who he is hes an idiot if he doesnt like our cars then he doesnt have to buy one no one asked for his opinion, but i guess since its a free forums he thinks hes entitled to give it, even if its a dumb one and doesnt relate to the conversation at hand just ignore him and he'll eventually go away. And if all else fails we send the Cobalt Mafia to break his fingers so he cant type. :D Oh and to predict the future, go ahead and say something to me Rich i dont care your an idiot whether your MyGTP8Urdst or not you having no bearing on anything here.

As for the problem thats bullshit, warranty i declare sir, dont stand for that. I redlined my car with only 250 miles on could be why the crankshaft sensor screwed up but what do i care its under the Warranty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts