Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...so its clear that some people dont like the sc wing on the 2.4's oh effin well...you guys got all the goodies...even the 2.2's are gettin turbo kits...but who's left out to dry with only the basics...the 2.4s so eat it. or make me a turbo kit...hahahaha :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome addition. I usually don't like big wings, but for some reason the wing on the SS/SC and Redline I just really love.

I really like the body style of the SS straight, and that spoiler looks fantastic on it. Btw, I really like your yellow/black accents, and the black rims look a lot better in these newer photos.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks sweet. I'm assuming it has the same mounting pattern as you stock one did?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Xander9988 said:
This has to be the best looking Cobalt ive seen.... ever.... The color scheme and how it's applied is fantastic! Nice job RYCobaltSS!!

SWEEET!!!! thanks alot everyone...now im not so sure i wanna trade my wheels for the sc wheels...maybe ill paint the sc wheels black too.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
looks good! i like the way the wing looks with the wheels, makes the wheels like 10x better than they did. did you paint the wing yourself? also, about the s/c wheels... you could always get them and then paint them like you did with the 17's. the 18's will look better imo, and they have better stock rubber on them as far as i know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow i cant believe all the great comments im getting about my car...too bad im all show no go tho..ill have to work on that one...growing up all i had were junk yard cars with all power but no looks, like my 89 stang that was 8 diff. colors, bought it at a junk yard rebuilt the tranny and then the power adders began. it feels soo good to have everyone complimenting on my car.....im most deff. gonna paint the 18's when i get them...heading to virigina apr. 29th to trade off, but not decisive wheather to paint them all black or just the spokes...

·
Registered
25 Posts
dude ya got me jealous. The wing reminds me of the evo wings now with that connecting piece being plack. best cobalt i've seen yet.

Sick dude, just sick. :D

And as far as painting the rims, paint the spokes first, if you dont like it, paint the rest! I've seen SRT's with just the spokes painted and it looks good, and with the whole rim painted and it looked good. Play with it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
yea, if you can get just the spokes painted, i say at least try it out. that would look hot with the silver offsetting the black. isn't really hard to just paint the spokes on the stock rims though since there really isn't any sort of lip?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
iso said:
yea, if you can get just the spokes painted, i say at least try it out. that would look hot with the silver offsetting the black. isn't really hard to just paint the spokes on the stock rims though since there really isn't any sort of lip?

see i tried this first on my 17's but got frustrated cuz i couldnt decide if i wanted to paint the sides of the spokes black too or leave them silver, and then when i decided to paint them black and leave silver inbetween the spokes it was really really hard to tape them off cuz the spokes curve to the part between spokes so laying tape down exactly the same on every spoke was pretty hard...but ill give it a shot when i get the new rims.

·
Registered
147 Posts
keep the wheels you already have, as mentioned, they're a little smaller...and you won't hardly notice a difference if the sc wheels are on there painted black.

that looks very clean, I don't usually like the wing on the 2.2/2.4's, but I must admit, the yellow/black spoiler is definitely unique. Nice job!

edit - and to be honest, I hate the sc wheels, they're too big IMO...just my opinion though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts