Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone elses SS pull REAL HARD around 3k rpms? Mine doesn't lug by any means lower than that but man it jerks the hell out of me when it hits 3k. I thought a S/C would pull super hard from lower than 3k. Don't get me wrong it still pulls super strong at 15k or so but it feels super strong when it hits 3k and surprisingly keeps the pull all the way to 6k. I was coasting in 2nd and suddenly held it wide open and it pulled good, hit 3k and started smoking tires! I was OMG! lol anyone elses do this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
I don't know yet, man. But I'll tell ya on sunday when I pick mine up!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I'm kinda hoping no one elses does. Hope I got some kinda freak motor lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to go to the local strip tomorrow and do my first ever runs ever in any car. I went a few weeks ago just to check things out since I never went and it was like I was John Force or something rolling up in there lol. BTW I only have 1/8 size tracks around here. What would be some good times for a 1/8? Say my car is capable of 14.5 at the 1/4 what would that equate to in 1/8?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
dervin3 said:
Does anyone elses SS pull REAL HARD around 3k rpms? Mine doesn't lug by any means lower than that but man it jerks the hell out of me when it hits 3k. I thought a S/C would pull super hard from lower than 3k. Don't get me wrong it still pulls super strong at 15k or so but it feels super strong when it hits 3k and surprisingly keeps the pull all the way to 6k. I was coasting in 2nd and suddenly held it wide open and it pulled good, hit 3k and started smoking tires! I was OMG! lol anyone elses do this?
Get used to it, it's 4 banger so grunt really doesn't kick in until 3000 rpm or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
dervin3 said:
I hope to go to the local strip tomorrow and do my first ever runs ever in any car. I went a few weeks ago just to check things out since I never went and it was like I was John Force or something rolling up in there lol. BTW I only have 1/8 size tracks around here. What would be some good times for a 1/8? Say my car is capable of 14.5 at the 1/4 what would that equate to in 1/8?



[email protected] / [email protected] Turbo WRX Wagon - 2002

1/4 mile and 1/8 mile time

This is what my stock Subaru wagon did.
P.S. I did upgrade, so I don't own this thing any more :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw this street-ILLEGAL civic do like a 7.5 1/8th time. Though I don't like civics, I thought that particular car was pretty cool. Just by watching the different cars do their runs I feel like I will fall somewhere between 9 and 10 seconds. I feel like I'm a pretty good driver. Alot better than the ones I seen run. People taking cavaliers, civics, accords, and some eclipses and run like 11 seconds or so. It was funny how this really fat girl driving the fast civic was the best driver there. The other people would spin like hell in much lower powered cars and keep it spinning in hopes of it to finally get grip. This one moron in a white eclipse spun all through 1st and 2nd and all you heard was rev-limiter. He drove back around and his car was smoking horribly and the burnt oil smell was the worst I ever smelt. Funny how he had 30 day tags on it to. Anyways like I said I feel I'm a pretty good driver but I've never ran before. Any advice from the experts out there for my first run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
dervin3 said:
Say my car is capable of 14.5 at the 1/4 what would that equate to in 1/8?
With a decent launch, and considering that the CSS will likely pull harder at the top end then down low, I would guestimate 9.4x @ 73MPH.

<edit below>
As far as advice, don't worry about winning the race. Take your time at the beginning and get the best launch you can. R/T is something you can work on later, so don't get all excited about leaving the instant the tree lights flick to green and just concentrate on your launch.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
200 Posts
Remember, with an S/C the faster the engine spins, the faster the S/C spins and the more boost it makes until it starts spinning too fast and becomes inefficient. 3k is right around where the sweet spot in the LSJ starts, so thats why it feels like that. The motor is just starting to breathe good and the blower is starting to get into its peak efficiency. I'm sure you can figure out the rest ;)
My GTP runs [email protected], and my 1/8 times are roughly [email protected] So I would expect an SS to pull a [email protected] in the 1/8 mile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DigDug said:
With a decent launch, and considering that the CSS will likely pull harder at the top end then down low, I would guestimate 9.4x @ 73MPH.

<edit below>
As far as advice, don't worry about winning the race. Take your time at the beginning and get the best launch you can. R/T is something you can work on later, so don't get all excited about leaving the instant the tree lights flick to green and just concentrate on your launch.

I am going to see how fast my car is, whether someline lines up beside or not I could care less. Besides...after everything i saw last time, I wouldn't expect to lose :cool:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top