Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an accident where the airbags went off. What is the safety crash limit for the bags to deploy. I hit a guard rail on the passenger front and spun out 5 times but the bags didn't deploy then the center dash said service air bags..... Is there a problem with this scenario??

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It depends on the angle of which you hit the guardrail. If I'm not mistakened, the airbags will deploy if hit from head-on to 20 degrees out from head-on. This includes the side curtain bags. Unless your module is screwed up... (again, if I am not correct please excuse me)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I heard something like that so it might be correct...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i agree with john. it has to be more of a 'head-on' type crash.
my family was in an accident & the airbag didnt go off it was a hard hit too, BUT i got in an accident where i lost control & the car slid sideways turning my head-on to a curb & hit that at about 30mph... oh yeah it went off, you dont want to experiance that....

·
Registered
143 Posts
i agree with john. it has to be more of a 'head-on' type crash.
my family was in an accident & the airbag didnt go off it was a hard hit too, BUT i got in an accident where i lost control & the car slid sideways turning my head-on to a curb & hit that at about 30mph... oh yeah it went off, you dont want to experiance that....
air bag burn sucks. don't it

·
Registered
482 Posts
Good observation there^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts