Cobalts SS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone raced one of these yet?(with a cobalt)
because they have sort of the same times as us and i just wanted to know how it keeps up in real life :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sean said:
Hey has anyone raced one of these yet?(with a cobalt)
because they have sort of the same times as us and i just wanted to know how it keeps up in real life :confused:
Won't really answer your question but I was out in my Cavalier one night before I got rid of it and was coming up to a light. I saw the Acura TL sitting there and thought I'd be a smart ass and hammer on the gas while I was still rolling :D. Needless to say all I could see in my side-view mirror was his front end lifting and dropping as he hammered through the gears and caught up to me in absolutely no time.

On the other hand I ran into an SRT-4 owner here in my LS and asked him if he'd mind giving it a bit of hell so I could see/hear the car run...I had to pick my mouth up off the floor of my car I couldn't beleive it :eek:. I'd seen it running in videos but they just don't do it justice lol :D.

Comparing how he ran along with the Acura blowing my doors off on the way by it would appear to be a fairly close match but don't take my word for it :). It is running 270hp stock but only 238 lb-ft so you've got it beat there. I'm sure it's a much heavier car than the SRT-4 as well so this could even out the HP difference. It may even end up being a drivers race.

Permafried-

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was the srt4 stock? cuz it should be just a tad faster than the TL, but i dont know how much TL's weigh in at. TL's times are low 14's, but sub100 in the quartermile

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sean said:
was the srt4 stock? cuz it should be just a tad faster than the TL, but i dont know how much TL's weigh in at. TL's times are low 14's, but sub100 in the quartermile
I'm not sure if it was stock or not...it was basically a spur of the moment thing at a light and he just happened to be nice enough to open it up for me :). I would assume yes but I don't want to try to mislead you or anything...he could have had upgrades hiding under the hood I couldn't see and I didn't have a chance to ask him about it.

If you do ever run with one let us know how it goes. I'm sure it would make for one hell of a race regardless of who wins...I'll vote on the SRT-4 :D.

Permafried-

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just raced one at the track two weeks ago. My brother in-law lent me his 2005 Acura TL (automatic)

16.0 @ 88mph---now thats in Calgary at 3200ft.

Corrected that is a 15.2 @ 92mph. A 6 speed might be a bit faster.

But as long as you can drive, you'll wip an auto and should beat a 6 speed.
Highly over rated the 3.2L is.

Revised ho ratings are 258hp---Acura was using some loopholes to inflate the numbers. Weight is lilkley 3500-3600lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts