Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Kind of a vague question. What are you looking for? An exact efficiency curve? A qualitative description?

I remember the people from PSI-FI saying that even with their +5psi kit, the IC does a reasonable job of keeping the charge temp down. So it at least appears to have some operating capacity headroom. As to the exact efficiency, I have no idea. Email Laminova.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanM said:
Kind of a vague question. What are you looking for? An exact efficiency curve? A qualitative description?

I remember the people from PSI-FI saying that even with their +5psi kit, the IC does a reasonable job of keeping the charge temp down. So it at least appears to have some operating capacity headroom. As to the exact efficiency, I have no idea. Email Laminova.
I wsa looking for a general efficiency percentage. I was wondering if it'd be switching to an air/air intercooler would be worthwhile.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Efficiency aside, I think trying to switch to an air/air setup would be very difficult just in terms of parts and fabrication. Air/air is usually easy with a turbo because the turbo itself isn't anywhere near the intake manifold, and the charge has to be piped around anyway (so you just pipe it through an intercooler on the front). With the supercharger mounted the way it is on the LSJ, I honestly can't imagine an easy way to plumb it all away to an intercooler, then back into the manifold.

Besides, like I said, the early prognosis seems to be that the stock setup does reasonably well. If that's not your bottleneck, why mess with it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally know the Psi-Fi guys (hang out with them like once a week). They stated that the Air-to-Water IC in the LSJ is the best thing they could have put in there. It is 84% efficient.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I was told the effiency is in the 80's. As for the PsiFi guys lets think about this they are going to make a 20+ psi turbo twin charge kit and only use the stock intercooler setup. It must work damn good if they are gonna bite the bullet on profit from a FMIC setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts