Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the K&N air filter, and I was wondering, can I leave the air box lid off?? My friend has a SX2.0 and he has K&N air filter with no lid on the air box. Tonight my uncle was checking out the filter, but he didnt put the lid on properly and it sounded bad ass!! Oh my goodness I couldn't believe it, I stepped on the pedal kinda heavy and the sound was sooo much more defined than when I had the lid on properly. So I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get that sound if it's possible, thanks!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
do you have a way to clamp the filter in? i assume it is the direct drop in k&n filter? you have to clamp it in because the lid is what keeps the filter from falling out.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably could clamp it on somehow, but my friend told me that I cant have the lid off because of some sensors?? :confused: Here are pics of the filter with the lid off after I installed it, and the airbox itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awww dammit :( I really wanted that badass sound!! Oh well, thank you for your help iso, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
djackson10 said:
Awww dammit :( I really wanted that badass sound!! Oh well, thank you for your help iso, greatly appreciated.
no problem. there are cai's available for the 2.2 which will give you the sound you're looking for though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iso said:
no problem. there are cai's available for the 2.2 which will give you the sound you're looking for though.
Actually mine is the 2.4L SS non SC, not much out there for the 2.4L engine but yea there are a few CAIs right now I think I will go AEM for the CAI, undecided for exhaust....thinking Magnaflow or Borla.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
whoops sorry about that, damn engine bays look the same. i suppose if i had looked at your avatar i would have noticed the rims.

anyway, yea i've got an aem cai in the mail, i definately think it's the best bet with the dryflow filter. i did much pondering on which intake and finally decided to get the aem based on the dangers of the oiled filters.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
i popped the hood on a 2.4l today and the air box looks identical to my 2.2l. my bet is that they will use the same cai. i bought an injen cai and it made my car a lot louder at hard acceleration. i just used the short tube not the full set up and i am very happy with it. check it out, because i'm sure its the same one for your 2.4l.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts