Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the pavillions today, what a let down. It's atleast a 30 mile drive from my house, and 10 minutes after I got there, the wind picked up, and it started sprinkling. Ofcourse most people forsaw this, and just didn't even show, but the few that did show up, including a Delaurean (not sure if I spelt that corretly), and a red ZR1 Corvette promptly left. What a waste of a drive, well almost as i'm still enjoying my new car... I really had my hopes up that the weather would hold off for atleast a few hours. Hope next week will be better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imna try and make it. just hope it doesnt rain out, i heard were expecting rain all week, and thus far thats all ive seen. it'd be kinda wrong to park w/ u guys tho, but imna try and make it out anyway.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wanna go on saturday...

Hey Mchat.. does that thing suck to drive in the rain ? or do you just keep it off the boost if your in the rain ? sorry its a weird question just curious i guess....
lots of power ! bastard ! :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
I wanna go on saturday...

Hey Mchat.. does that thing suck to drive in the rain ? or do you just keep it off the boost if your in the rain ? sorry its a weird question just curious i guess....
lots of power ! bastard ! :)
I haven't driven in the rain since the turbo upgrade, but it'll probably actually be easier than with the stock turbo.

When I had the stock turbo (with upgraded Waste Gate Actuator) I would get part throttle boost and by 2500 rpm at 1/4 throttle it'd be boosting about 12-15psi. Now with the big turbo boost doesn't really come in until 3000 rpm and part throttle boost is practically non-existant. At 1/4 throttle I get maybe 5psi of boost at 4000 rpm (it'll go up from there if I stayed in it, but on the street I usually shift around 3000rpm).

With the big turbo, driving around town below 3000 rpm is like driving a N/A 2.4L Neon. What's funny is I can pace these fart can exhaust ricers, shifting at 3k rpm at 1/2 throttle... and they're TRYING to race me.

But ya, driving in the rain = no boost for me. On a wet road I could probably break the tires loose in 4th gear... at 100mph :eek: Running around last weekend I had the boost still set for race gas (with race gas still in the car) and broke the tires loose (not smoldering, just makin' the dogs bark a little) in 3rd at about 70mph... that was on dry pavement. Pretty early in the morning too, still relatively cool.

·
Banned
6 Posts
You guys would piss your pants if you rode in his car.

We had 4 guys in it, and I wouldn't call us "small" and that thing was haulin ass.. Pump gas no less.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm running an AGP GT30BB kit.

skipdogg said:
You guys would piss your pants if you rode in his car.

We had 4 guys in it, and I wouldn't call us "small" and that thing was haulin ass.. Pump gas no less.
I would say close to 1000lbs (if not more) of people in the car. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm gonna show up tomorrow! Hope to see a bunch of you there..especially mchat and exhandaman :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts