Cobalts SS banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well last night i was driving along and saw a EVO needless to say i was pretty excited cause i had been wanting to run one in its stock form just to see where i stood but this evo had a cat-back exhaust, C.A.I, and just a few other minor bolt ons so the guy asked me if i wanted to say run anyways we did a 40mph roll and and we were neck to neck the whole way till about the top of my 4th gear is when i pulled him by about half a car length and then by the time i got it in 5th i was goin about 145.. and at that point he slowly began to pull to about even then got me by about a fender and at this point i let off. cause i mean really 145mph. so anyways after that good run we decided to do what any car guys would do and pulled over and the guy told me that he had smoked a stageII SS by a few cars a few nights ago and that he wondered what i had needless to say he was pretty surprised to hear that i just had C.A.I and exhaust so i think he got a new found respect for the SS but as for me i was just glad i didnt get smoked like i was thinking.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought but from a roll there is only so much you gotta do now if it was from a dig and i pulled then i would say the same thing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
He must of had some issues, from a roll a STi nor EVO can usually make a comeback. Even on the bottle or with a bigger turbo there gearing keeps them there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well regardlesse we both thought that it was a very good run he was expecting to just blow me off the road and to be honest i thought the samething was gonna happen

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an 06 evo with exhaust and a boost controller, and ran a 12.7 at 108, with a 1.8 60ft. So maybe the driver just really didnt know what he was doing. I have raced evos with the same mods I have and beat them by a couple cars. My friend has an 06 ss that is stock and put any where from 5-6 cars on him everytime and he is a descent driver.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well how much are you boostin? just curious, well dam you all for stealing my thunder i thought it was a good run ha ha..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea thats what he was runnin 19lbs

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when we pulled over and were talkin the guy said all he had was c.a.i and cat back exhaust. oh and i think he said blow off valve also..

·
Registered
60 Posts
So basically he just had exhaust and intake. cant really count the blow off valve as a mod. In fact if you put a blow off valve that vents to the atmosphere on an evo they will run rich, due to where the mass air flow sensor is located. there is only one way that i know of on how to by pass that problem, U would have to buy an AEM EMS and those are 1400$ for an evo 8 and 1600$ for an evo 9.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hahah Blow off valve makes you run rich.... haha What are you smoking? Maybe only for a fraction of a millisecond and thats if you WOT shift. The evo should have a blow off valve stock. Well at least my neon does.....

Wow! I didnt know evos had MAF sensor. That must really suck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
who you callin b.s on me?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have an 06 evo with exhaust and a boost controller, and ran a 12.7 at 108, with a 1.8 60ft. So maybe the driver just really didnt know what he was doing. I have raced evos with the same mods I have and beat them by a couple cars. My friend has an 06 ss that is stock and put any where from 5-6 cars on him everytime and he is a descent driver.
dude, most stock evo's will get schooled on a 40 roll if they come across a stage 2 cobalt. end of story.
we dont care about your 12.7 with your slow trap speed, or your 60'

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.