Cobalts SS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some FWD competition from the GM FWD crowd. I have a quad 4 powered 2001 Pontiac Grand Am, and I want to see if anybody can step up and make at least a challenging race.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
i dont see a grand am beating an SS/SC anytime soon, unless its gutted, and has at least a 75 shot on the motor... depends on where your from, if your on the east coast, ill see you at Rockingham...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i dont see a grand am beating an SS/SC anytime soon, unless its gutted, and has at least a 75 shot on the motor... depends on where your from, if your on the east coast, ill see you at Rockingham...

I have full interior and no nitrous, my intake manifold however is setup to accept a direct port juicer though if so desired. I live in Las Vegas... hence my post in the southwestern forum. Now why is it that you don't see a Grand Am beating an SS/SC? :) Well here's a little help. It's not the 3.4L or a 3.1L V6, no it does not have a motor swap from a GTP. It does have a 2.4L twin cam in it though.
And a

I think you, by a wide margin, underestimated an n-body. ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Those quad 4's were killer motors. The only problem was reliability. I can definitely see a 60 trim charged quad walking right past a SS/SC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm rockin a gt30r on my lil thing. Any cobalts on the west coast running 12's? I need some competition.

For shits n giggles, last dyno on the car was 362hp 365tq on a mustang dyno here in las vegas.

·
Registered
347 Posts
hey grandma i have been watching you threads on grandamgt.com. i used to be in the top five over there when i had my alero s/c i think i was #3. congrats on all you have done for the N-bodys. anyways a few of us will be in vegas april 5-till the 11th i think. it would be cool to meet up i know las vegas speedway doesn't have anything pas dec on the website. also i think that week sometime is nationals correct or is it later in the month? anyways let us know if you would like to meet up. i am always up for a good race but i don't think i can match your 12's just yet. lol

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
not to spoil the fun, but i dont think you would be able to see him by the time you hit 80. i used to have the same mindset as you, until i raced a 10 second grand am. sad thing was it had chrome rims and a ricer paint job, i didnt even see it coming. then i got walked by one driving the ol evo 8 a few weeks ago.... those were both blown, i cant imagnine one with a turbo of that size on it :eek:

btw evo held 22+ lbs, grand am had a kenne bell

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey grandma i have been watching you threads on grandamgt.com. i used to be in the top five over there when i had my alero s/c i think i was #3. congrats on all you have done for the N-bodys. anyways a few of us will be in vegas april 5-till the 11th i think. it would be cool to meet up i know las vegas speedway doesn't have anything pas dec on the website. also i think that week sometime is nationals correct or is it later in the month? anyways let us know if you would like to meet up. i am always up for a good race but i don't think i can match your 12's just yet. lol
April? that's a good times away. I'm up for it. :) It'll be a lil warm but good fun. AIM: MONKthe1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts