Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the SS is out yet and if anyone has one in michigan

looking for a race, just for fun no money no gangsta shit.
just wanna see how close the race between srt and ss will be first hand
thanks

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
If you do come across one then let us know, everybody wants to know how much they really trail the SRT-4s in a straight line, I think it would be an interesting race on a road course, with equal straights and twisties ;) . But we all know that its pretty lop sided when it comes to a drag... :(

We'll have aftermarket soon!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
jgb989989 said:

thanks
Ummm.... none so far but keep an eye out and if you get a chance to race one please let us know well they hold up against the SRT-4 because i have a few SRT-4's in my area and might just have to race them when i get my SS.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Ummm.... none so far but keep an eye out and if you get a chance to race one please let us know well they hold up against the SRT-4 because i have a few SRT-4's in my area and might just have to race them when i get my SS.
"might just..." Boy you better get your candy ass out there and race somebody!!! LOL! Might wanna void that there warranty first though! ;)

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
"might just..." Boy you better get your candy ass out there and race somebody!!! LOL! Might wanna void that there warranty first though! ;)
LOL yeah but i will break the car in first though then i will have some fun. :D

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
LOL funny story bout breakin in an engine...

When I bought my Yamaha Waverunner GP1200R (Fast, has more hp than my truck... 35 more hp!!!! and weighs as much as the bed!!!LOL) The guy told me to break it in like I was going to ride it. Well I drove down to Corinth, Miss. cuz their prices are dirt cheap. Famous for having the cheapest prices in America! Well I drive ALL THE WAY back to and past Jackson, TN to Lexington,TN (thats the nearest lake) that day, fuel it up and hit the lake. I idled past the no wake zone, gave my dad a lil wave and blasted off....
VRRRROOOOOOMmmeerrrrrr.... It died... I was like WTF!!!! I started it back up and took off, again it died. Did this several times and I was out on the lake cussing my brand new Waverunner (I hate when people generalize PWC's as Jet Ski's - ITS NOT A DAMN KAWASAKI!!!! LOL) at the top of my lungs. LOL. Well I finally get it back in after stallin, crankin, stallin, crankin, stallin, so on and so on. We drive ALL THE WAY BACK to Corrinth, It was gettin close to their closing time so all the guys jumped on it immediately. They hooked it up to a pump and ran it. Found out the prob was a bad igintion switch. Swapped it, no charge. We weren't there 20 min.s!! Drove ALL THE WAY BACK to Lexingotn again!!! Hit the lake, and she ran like a champ!!! Bone stock hits over 65mph on the water, but that'll change this summer!!!

Sorry so long

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i think the srt has the ss in the straight but in the twisties who knows
i think it mite be who pushes there car farther but my srt does handle like a log trucj

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Motor Trend ran the two on a track and the SS came out like .2 of a second faster!!!! That is REALLY CLOSE on a road course!!! So it will definitely be a driver's race on a that kind of track. With Cobalts/RLs RAILING corners and SRT-4s HAMMERIN straights!!! It would be fun to watch (and do)!!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Motor Trend ran the two on a track and the SS came out like .2 of a second faster!!!! That is REALLY CLOSE on a road course!!! So it will definitely be a driver's race on a that kind of track. With Cobalts/RLs RAILING corners and SRT-4s HAMMERIN straights!!! It would be fun to watch (and do)!!
It will be a close race because of the differences between them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
jgb989989 said:

thanks

where in Michigan do u live because i no a kid is gettin one in like a week and he lives in Grand Blanc

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Ive got family from a few places in and around Salene, Mich. (spelling?) Maybe I could take a road trip when I pick mine up! lol! You would have raced one by then though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
damn. grand blanc isnt far at all from me. 10 minutes top on US 23. lansing isnt that bad of a drive either. i live in fenton. ill hopefully have my ss within a month or two. hopefully. i better damnit!! haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
87camaroPA said:
My area is the same there are so many SRT-4's and most of them will race anyone if you dare. But in the area's that there are alot of the SRT-4's there are a cop for everyone of them.
here it's the camaro's and the DSM's it's really sickening i mean the DSM's

·
Registered
385 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
Ive got family from a few places in and around Salene, Mich. (spelling?) Maybe I could take a road trip when I pick mine up! lol! You would have raced one by then though.
FYI its Saline. I just moved our of that town 6 months ago. My dad is driving thee SS I will be getting in the Troy and Warren area right now. I will have it at the begining of July. It is black with red inserts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did a search on GM's website and it is showing 3 Cobalts s/c available right now. One in Walled Lake, one in Davison and one in Vassar...in case anyone is interested. Two are victory red and the other is Rally Yellow. All with sunroof, XM and black/colored insert leather. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts