Cobalts SS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm suffering from this too. Started off as a barely noticeable resonance at just under 2k rpm. Now it's a full-blown and very annoying rattle at ~1000rpm and harmonics (can hear it at ~2000rpm and ~3000rpm too). I'm expecting the baffle to break completely at some point.

So I guess I get to wait 3 weeks for the dealer to order a new exhaust, eh?

You know it's not so much that I care about the problem itself, but it looks soooo bad on GM. Here I am driving around in a brand new SS, and ppl on the sidewalk are snapping their heads around to see what's making that awful rattling... :mad:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
3 weeks? lol someone at the other forum ssaid more like months before any would be in

if you get one in 3 weeks, make sur eyou post on how you did it over there cause a bunch of people will want to know

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can actually help with this post!!!!:) sry most of them i dont know anything about. anyways i bought my car on june 22. On like the 26th i heard this rattle, on the 27th i took it to the dealer, they called me back sayhing the part was backordered and they didnt knwo when they would get it in. this i was not happy about but i was like alright whatever and i rattled all the way home. saturday the 9th my sales woman called me to see how everything was and i told her great if you consider souding like an 85 buick with the exaust falling off a good thing. she then checked with service and they said that they still couldnt get the part and it would be a couple more weeks. at this point i was very upset. so i shoot an email to chevy about the problem and how i was very upset. they replyed back within a day with a contact number. i then called GM and magically they had a part from a factory in Lancing, MI they should have it at the dealership the 18th. i got a call today from the dealership saying that they received the part from michigan today, aparently GM overnighted it to them because of my email. also the lady from GM i talked to said something about some compinsation for the problem.

all this to say call gm and tell them how upset you are and say that you heard some parts were coming out of michigan.

·
Banned
200 Posts
That makes like problem number 4 or so for the SS thus far. Keep em coming!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
GM uses FedEx overnite for a lot of SPO items. A lot of my GMPP parts for my SS were overnite'd to my dealer. Was real neat to have extra friggin stickers to pull off my sway bars. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts