Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I know I just got my SS not to long ago but the thing is when my Loan is paid for which will be in 3yrs I think I am going to sell my SS then and see what Chev is going to come out with then. See the thing is there is going to be so much compation from now until then. So does anyone have any ideas what they might do or are you going to keep your SS and mod the shit out of it.... Also with the Neons those engine have been around for about since I think 94 so places have had a lot of time to make mods for those cars that's why they are fast. I am not say I wont mod my SS but I really want to see what Chev is going to do with in the next couple of years with the hp for the SS...

·
Registered
498 Posts
And our cars still say Cobalt on the back. The back of an Evo says Lancer. What's your point?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I plan on getting another SRT vehicle early next year. Either the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 or the Ram SRT-10. My wife was wanting a Cobalt but then we decided 2 compact cars didn't make much since w/ 2 kids, so a bigger vehicle is up next.

good, one less "neon" on the rd. and one less person in a S/C car I have to worry about losing too, smartass. Jeezus, is that you guys way of trying to cut the srt down, by adding words onto the car that are not even there. Yeah it's been discussed maybe, maybe.... 6million times, it looks like one, smells like one, yada yada ya, but show where it says neon on the car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
mm_omega2 said:
I plan on getting another SRT vehicle early next year. Either the Chrysler 300 SRT-8 or the Ram SRT-10. My wife was wanting a Cobalt but then we decided 2 compact cars didn't make much since w/ 2 kids, so a bigger vehicle is up next.

good, one less "neon" on the rd. and one less person in a S/C car I have to worry about losing too, smartass. Jeezus, is that you guys way of trying to cut the srt down, by adding words onto the car that are not even there. Yeah it's been discussed maybe, maybe.... 6million times, it looks like one, smells like one, yada yada ya, but show where it says neon on the car.
Hey why dont you take you and your NEON back the SRT-4fourms. I am sooo sick of you guys you guys think you are the shit and that you can beat any car out there.. The only reason why your cars so fast is because the NEON engine have been out for about 10years give or take... I know that a SRT-4 (NEON) can beat a SS I am not saying it cant but the SRT-4 is still a NEON... My point being (NEON)+SRT-4= A Neon

·
Registered
543 Posts
BizoCG said:
Hey why dont you take you and your NEON back the SRT-4fourms
I was here before you and I don't have to go anywhere. See you around.
Stop trying to start hate wars anyway, you racist against my neon?
and its srtforums.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mm_omega2 said:
I was here before you and I don't have to go anywhere. See you around.
Stop trying to start hate wars anyway, you racist against my neon?
What??? lol lol (racist against my neon).. Dude grow a brain... Ya that's the last thing I would be racist about..

·
Registered
543 Posts
BizoCG said:
What??? lol lol (racist against my neon).. Dude grow a brain... Ya that's the last thing I would be racist about..
...teach me how to grow a brain oh ye wonderful brain surgeon, at least I can read (or not read) that it does not have the word neon writtin on my car. you started the whole neon bashing. I answered the thread question w/ a side note now you're going out of your way to get off subject from your own thread.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyways.......... Does anyone know if the SS in 2006-2007 if they are going up the HP in them......

·
Registered
259 Posts
well if i get anything else i want a skyline...after a evo, talon and a wrx...im a AWD junkie.. plus i really like em.. was thinking R-33

·
Registered
543 Posts
there is talk of the '06's possibly coming w/ a 2.4L so hopefully, HP & TRQ will go up w/ displacement.

Copy and pasted from another Chevy website.
"The Cobalt family includes multiple coupe and sedan models, giving small car buyers great variety. The sedan model features Base, LS and LT trims, while coupe models are available in Base, LS, and SS Supercharged trims. Each includes a specific interior, exterior appearance and wheels, as well as a long list of standard and available features. The Cobalt SS, with a 2.4L engine, will debut in mid-2005 as 2006 model."

·
Registered
543 Posts
I looked at a Skyline also but the price plus paying to get it shipped to the U.S. and then the U.S. modding it to fit American standards was more than I was willing to spend. They are friggin badass, just a bit expensive for used cars.

This place imports cars straight from Japan.... prices aren't bad, until like I said, you call and see how much the extra is to actually receive the car.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
it does not have the word neon writtin on my car. you started the whole neon bashing.

the first srt's actually had neon on the sticker.... they took it off for obvious reasons appearently... anyways, dealers even advertise it

and it took google 0.36 seconds to find 155,000 references to the "srt neon" :D

srt neon

<bows out gracefully>

·
Registered
261 Posts
Saying an SRT-4 is not a Neon is like saying an SS it not a Cobalt. Just live with fact that deep down it is a Neon, end of story!

·
Registered
543 Posts
an SS is not a Cobalt??? Are you even reading what you write? So is a CamaroSS a Cobalt? a Monte CarloSS a Cobalt?
selfinfliction you are just an idiot, show me the original window sticker show me where the original 2003 model had neon on the sticker. Just answer the one question , can you do that? yes or no?
I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE CAR IS. Everyone knows it was built from a Dodge neon, but......it does not say the word neon on the car. Nowhere..... that is what I am arguing, stop changing the subject ...deep down admit it is a neon. If you read some of my post I type " my little neon" I am saying it is not on the car WTF is wrong inside your head? You're probably also one of those that when you call them stupid they return with, I know you are but what am I.
Dude.... I only said that my car does not say the word neon on it, it doesn't. I have pictures that I took of the window sticker, the owner's manual, the Dodge website, showing this one fact. You can clearly look at it and KNOW without a shadow of a doubt what kind of car it was based on. Would it seriously make you pee your pants for me to get a "sub $30k turbo neon" sticker put on my car? If not then STFU.
It took google 0.07sec to find it for me to find 155,000references to neon srt-4, and 0.07sec to find 221,000 references to SRT-4. You find pleasure in acting like that?
Oh yeah you forgot the lol

if you have some sort of problem with me take it to the pm's so everyone else doesn't have to be involved.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn, this guy has a problem with owning a Neon. If you know anything about Dodge, you will notice they have a Viper SRT-10, that SRT-10 truck, an SRT-8 Magnum, soon the SRT-8 Charger, and oh ya the Neon SRT-4. To think it is not a Neon, you are not the sharpest knife of the bunch are you?

·
Registered
543 Posts
SS4ME said:
Damn, this guy has a problem with owning a Neon. If you know anything about Dodge, you will notice they have a Viper SRT-10, that SRT-10 truck, an SRT-8 Magnum, soon the SRT-8 Charger, and oh ya the Neon SRT-4. To think it is not a Neon, you are not the sharpest knife of the bunch are you?
Damn you are a complete idiot....I guess I just didn't type that I call my car a neon. I said it is a family car neon down to the baby seat in the back w/ the booster seat next to the 2 rear doors w/ roll down windows.
Read this time....OK I'm gonna slow it down for you....
The ...car...does...not...have....neon....written...on...it.
That is my whole thing, that is the only thing I argued about, show me where I argued about it not being a neon, I openly admit it. I am admitting it right now. Selfinfliction said the earlier ones had neon on the sticker....no they didn't.....Selfinfliction said his sticker said cobalt ss and mine said Neon SRT-4...no it didn't.... that is the only thing I said and the only thing I am talking about.
Read the post before your last one....I said my car was a neon several times in that post then you read it and somehow get that I don't think it's a neon....me not the sharpest knife?????? Slow your role little girl.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Gotta respect the SRT-4 for being solely responsible for the existance of the Cobalt SS/SC.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts