Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have an srt-4 but my buddy is fixing 2 get a SS balt and i was wondering is there anything really cheap or ghettod mods like for the srt-4 the spring mod and mbc from home depot?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well you can make your own intake from PVC tubing and get rid of that stock airbox. You can disable the boos by-pass solenoid. Put a smaller Pulley on that is pretty cheap. Buy a torque brace for wheel hop. That is also pretty cheap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Remove the spare tire and jack. It's about 35 lbs or so. You can also cut a hole in the stock air box, and drop in a K&N for a sort of home made cold air kit.

Do a search on the boost bypass. There should be a good how to around here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
spare tire jack and the panel over the jack are 41 lbs. If you make an intake make sure it seals right if you leak air behind the maf in the system you will get a cel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Heppy that was pretty funny! :) LOL!

Start by cutting off the muffler! I did and was very happy. But then again I have a base coupe. NO CELs yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
NOS sticker in your window should give you an extra 30hp 25 tq

·
Registered
169 Posts
NOS stickers in your window should give you 30hp & 25tq

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Umm... keep it stock. lol

Seriously, The wash and wax mod, the remove usless items mod (spare and mats), boost bypass, Filter change, Oil change, Type-R Antenna mod, or my personal favorite (The put more money into the payments and try to pay off early mod.)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
take the mirrors off, they create aerodrag that would take .00001 of a sec off your 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
this thread is rediculous. we get a fairly honest question and everybody pulls this shit out.

btw, the boost bypass mod does absolutely nothing to a stock pullied car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it got redilicious because nobody wants to buy a 20k car and do "cheap or getto mods"

If you want to make your car faster just get the stage 2 from gm. should be less than 1000 and will be worth the WAIT to save up the money

·
Registered
482 Posts
Or you can put a 1000 dollar body kit on (complete with 747 wing of course)that has more holes and cuts than a poorly done 1st grade project. That should add like 100 hp to the WHEELS!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got an idea. Just sell your SRT-4, and go find another SRT-4 that has some mods already on it (from a guy who actually gave a s$*t about what he was putting on his new car, not just cutting corners by going to home depot and hacking up his stock parts) for about the same amount you sold yours for (maybe even slightly less if your lucky), b/c his will de-preciate in value due to the mods. Then paint on some flames, take of your stock SRT-4 wheels and throw on some steelies with fake chrome spinners and your set.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts