Cobalts SS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From reading this forum I have gathered outside basic stock dyno testing and some development there is offically nothing avalible for these cars but something will be avalible soon.

I plan on putting my Cobalt SS on my dyno today on Monday to get a baseline. And my question is what kind of numbers are people getting with the Saturn ION setup with mods and what are they doing.

Anybody making 250RWHP or more with this powertrain setup.

What is happening if you put one of those pulley kits on there? Does it help make more boost or is the car limiting the boost somehow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Sorry, but no one is gonna be making ANY Rwhp :rolleyes:. The pulley systems do work, but the comp still limits boost once it gets to around 14.5 psi. The Ion RedLine mods are about as far along as yours, because everyone seemed to be waiting on the CSS to come out before producing anything. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Most ppl seem to get anywhere from 190-220 whp stock, depending on the dyno & the day. Anywhere in there is pretty normal.

Not much in the way of mods out yet. A fellow with the PSI-FI pulley kit on his Cobalt posted a dyno on CSS.net showing 244 whp. Rock on!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
The pulley systems do work, but the comp still limits boost once it gets to around 14.5 psi.
negative, all the cobalt and redline forums need a big sticky at the top dispelling the boost limiting of these cars. It is just not what most people think. The car only bleeds a small ammount of boost on higher than normal boost applications and its not until the last 3-400 rpms anyways :) Hope this helps some people. Mods please sticky something to this affect, then we can move past this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
clownhair said:
negative, all the cobalt and redline forums need a big sticky at the top dispelling the boost limiting of these cars. It is just not what most people think. The car only bleeds a small ammount of boost on higher than normal boost applications and its not until the last 3-400 rpms anyways :) Hope this helps some people. Mods please sticky something to this affect, then we can move past this.
I thought the conclusion had been made that it was 14.5 psi that the comp lets it get to before bleeding off near redline? I know at first it was said to be 12.5. Guess I just missed somethin in that sticky. :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,648 Posts
CLown I can do a sticky, but Id actually like you to do a quick type up of your experiences... disproving the limiter theory... if you wouldnt mind of course.. and I would greatly appreciate it!
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
At least you guys can reflash your ECUs. Those of us with DCx PCMs can't do that. Damn. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
CoBIZZLE said:
CLown I can do a sticky, but Id actually like you to do a quick type up of your experiences... disproving the limiter theory... if you wouldnt mind of course.. and I would greatly appreciate it!
Chris
I will type it up tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DanM said:
Most ppl seem to get anywhere from 190-220 whp stock, depending on the dyno & the day. Anywhere in there is pretty normal.

Not much in the way of mods out yet. A fellow with the PSI-FI pulley kit on his Cobalt posted a dyno on CSS.net showing 244 whp. Rock on!

So the PSI-FI kit does work and is a workable mod. If the car can make 14.5lbs what are people make RW with the adtional boost. :confused:

Thanks for any and all help. Bottom line I want to order some parts and get this thing going :D if it is possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Is the smaller pully's difference in power actually noticeable? There's many other things I could do for a couple hundred that would give noticable preformance increase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
check the PSI forums for their results, i'm sure they've posted them here as well as RLforums.com

i believe they got something like 25whp over nearly the entire powerband
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Vita said:
check the PSI forums for their results, i'm sure they've posted them here as well as RLforums.com

i believe they got something like 25whp over nearly the entire powerband
And also a little over 50wtq over the entire band as well.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top