Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning my cel came on. i have installed a k&n cai...about 1500 miles ago without ANY problems. my first reaction was to think maybe there was oil on the maf sensor, so i took the car to auto zone to pull the code. it came up as 171, system too lean bank 1, and the guy somehow x-ref'd with 02 sensor. so i called up my dealership to ask if there was any way maf could cause this, and all they told me was "i cant answer that for you"
so...i took my cai out to check the maf sensor, it was clean as a whistle...no oil, and i am using the right screws that were supplied with the kit.
after reconnecting my battery, the cel went off, so i bought a obd2 rdr to see if it was still lingering. i'm not getting any codes, but off, on, or driving i am consistently getting the yellow light with flashing c, hc, o, and ev...it's like they wont finish testing. is there anyone with real experience that can help? i don't want to take the car in to the dealer yet bc they might tell me my intake caused it. i'd rather know whats going on first.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If yours is like the RL, I believe we have a hybrid system of OBD2 and CAN. There are readers out there that read both, which is why you might not be able to read certain codes.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've got a scanguage (www.scanguage.com). It had no problems reading and clearing my P0172 (rich) code. I cleared it on advice from the dealer - of course it came back the next day. And now I'm driving a 4 door auto waiting on a part to come in...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts