·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bay area here. anyone from up north? I haven't seen any ss's on the road

·
Registered
376 Posts
i'm more northern than southern cali so i guess i can post here. :p yeah, i've never seen an SS over here. my co-worker wanted to buy an SS but they said the closest one they found was in arizona. so she just settled for the sedan. i see lots of sedans over here.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I'm in SoCal (the better side of cali:p) and have yet to see one! I've seen 2 sedans and that was like a month ago, on the same day. LOL

Anyone know how many SS's are actually here in cali?

·
Registered
376 Posts
KSE said:
I'm in SoCal (the better side of cali:p) and have yet to see one! I've seen 2 sedans and that was like a month ago, on the same day. LOL

Anyone know how many SS's are actually here in cali?
i was born in socal. long beach to be exact. i don't think cali has any SS's over here. my co-worker had the dealership call all dealerships to find the closest dealer that had an SS and they couldn't find one.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
DC52NV said:
i was born in socal. long beach to be exact. i don't think cali has any SS's over here. my co-worker had the dealership call all dealerships to find the closest dealer that had an SS and they couldn't find one.
I think due to SO many people here in cali, they waited till AFTER the employee discount ended. Do you know how mnay people here in cali would be ALL OVER THAT ???

If I was a dealer, that's exactly what I would have done!:cool:

I expect them to come in soon now that summer is here, and the discount is over. Plus, I'm sure when they DO roll into cali, they'll roll in HUGE numbers. Just look at how many chevy dealers we have..:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KSE said:
I think due to SO many people here in cali, they waited till AFTER the employee discount ended. Do you know how mnay people here in cali would be ALL OVER THAT ???

If I was a dealer, that's exactly what I would have done!:cool:

I expect them to come in soon now that summer is here, and the discount is over. Plus, I'm sure when they DO roll into cali, they'll roll in HUGE numbers. Just look at how many chevy dealers we have..:eek::eek::eek:
I have seen 2 coupes.. no SS. all together, and a few sedans.

Only SS I seen was at a dealer in daily city a few weeks ago. All black SS. Supercharger looked tiny.. ;)

It was a cool car though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sighted and driven!

Well, I drove the first SS for sale at a dealership on the west coast. My father works for Chevrolet at a dealership in St. Helena, CA (Just north of Napa, 1.5 hours from SF) I've been telling him for months that I want to drive one as soon as they hit the showroom.

So today he calls me to let him know they're taking one off the truck right now, and that I better get down to give it a spin because the car is basically sold already. The sales manager was a bit nervous because this is the 2nd SS to be given to a west coast dealership. The first was given away at some contest in Socal.

I get down there as soon as I finish up my business in town, and get to the dealership. It's GREY! Ugh, what an ugly color. Anyways, the thing looks gorgeous, besides my dislike of the color. I get the keys from the sales guy and take it for a spin. There were 9 miles on it when I got in, now there are 36. :)

I wasn't too tough on it, because I knew I wouldn't be buying one today...The thing is a little stiff suspension wise, but feels real good and pulls well. I handed the keys back off, took some pictures from my phone, and told him to call me when he gets one in black.

88DT

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
OMFG... you took it for a joy ride?

I hope the buyer comes on here and reads this one day....

That would be fuckn classic

·
Registered
15 Posts
KSE said:
OMFG... you took it for a joy ride?

I hope the buyer comes on here and reads this one day....

That would be fuckn classic
I didn't get on it very hard....and besides, I do plan on buying one eventually.
But yeah, it was a nice experience. When someone else in town gets one, I'll be test driving theirs too. :D

88DT

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Really? What city?

I saw a blue one with tint today at simi valley during my lunch break... it was a sedan though, 4 doors..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts