Cobalts SS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my dealer. My car has been in the shop the last 2 1/2 weeks getting a new ABS sensor, it took so long because according to them they couldnt not find a part for it til the end of last week. Now I get a call from them saying that the car is running and good to go...but....someone broke into the dealership last nite and stole my wing "luckily" there is no damage of any kind. They already told me i'd get it back Thursday, but it's funny how they can get a Red SS spoiler in 1 day compared to an ABS sensor in 2 1/2 weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had their spoiler ripped off by dealer/theifs etc., I'm pretty sure this dealer is full of crap...somehow i feel im going to get it back with a shitload of miles on it too and/or some cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Man that is crappy. Someone broke into the dealership just to steal a CSS wing? Sounds more like someone within the dealership "borrowed" it. Cuase they had to of left the car unlocked also so the person could get access to the trunk.....anyway.
I haven't heard of anyone getting a wing stolen yet but I feel your pain with dealership service, like when I paid extra for overnight parts to get the car finished in 2 days. It still took 6 days because they forgot to order another small part needed to install the first part....

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah when we leave cars in the bay at Best Buy overnight we always leave the windows down with doors unlocked as a precaution to keep from lockin the keys in the car... I would assume the dealerships prolly do the same... Usually dont think about thieves breakin in, shouldnt HAVE to but I guess you do these days huh?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Holy man, someone has a lot of juts to break into a dealership to steal a CSS wing, I mean come on. But I hope everything works out for you, never like to see a car sibling (hahaha) in trouble.

·
Registered
895 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
Man that is crappy. Someone broke into the dealership just to steal a CSS wing? Sounds more like someone within the dealership "borrowed" it.
I totally agree. Sounds like someone who works there is a little envious...

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
its bolted on so if they ripped it off there would be damage to the trunk unless the perp actually knows how to get in the trunk, remove the bolts, slowly remove the adhesive and not damage the trunk. I call BS the dealer would have had to remove it not to ruin the trunk lid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
its bolted on so if they ripped it off there would be damage to the trunk unless the perp actually knows how to get in the trunk, remove the bolts, slowly remove the adhesive and not damage the trunk. I call BS the dealer would have had to remove it not to ruin the trunk lid.
Ya, what he ^ said. What you need to do is go down to the dealership and ask if they filed a police report on the breakin and then have a good laugh as they tremble in their shoes.

You're not really this gullible, are you?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
you need to go down the the dealership asap, take a camera and don't tell them your coming. just show up and say you need to see your car NOW. then if it doesn't look like it's ripped off contact the police department and see if there was a break in reported... if nothing, then you need to call gm customer care asap and report the whole incident, and think about other possible (legal) actions

that's one of the worst stories i think i have ever heard.... no one in there right mind would break into a dealer to steal a wing, when they couldv'e got computers, tools etc... they could've stolen the wing from a car on a lot somewhere

·
Registered
498 Posts
yea, someone in that dealer knows what happened to your car, and is keeping their mouths shut.

·
Registered
543 Posts
same here, it wasn't ripped off or else it shouldn't be able to be re-used.... it would've broken the studs off or broken the wing. Make a B.S. flag and go down there throw it in there face, take some pics, call your insurance company and have a rep show up to check the car, something drastic to show them you are not to be F'd with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
Cuase they had to of left the car unlocked also so the person could get access to the trunk
yea dealerships leave do leave all cars unlocked that are in for service and/or detailing...not only that they usually leave the doors wide open...today the other kid that was workin forgot to even lock the detail shop door and from there you can acess the whole dealer but yea im not ruling it out i could very possibly been an employee

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya I drove home one night, parked it out back. Half hour later came out to get something and it was gone.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That happened to me with my Mustang at Carmax. I took it there for an intake manifold defect for over a week and got a call half way through advising me "Sir, unfortunately it appears our service area was vandalized and your vehicle's spoiler was among the property missing." I went up there and found it curious that there was no damage to the locks to open the trunk and take off the bolts holding the wing, and there was obviously no damage to the the trunk hatch itself. I took pics and asked what they planned to do about the situation (camera in hand). They replaced the spoiler and had it painted and installed all within a week. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts