Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the stealership APPROVED for 19k found a SS for 19.5k said they could get me a lower rate than I was approved for.so ok run it,told them they couldn`t. total price was 20,233 and TOLD THEM that i would have to got back to credit union for higher amount.gave them 500.00 check and signed all papers.next day I go back and tell them that they are going to have to wait till next thurs for their check.So they tell me I have to write them a check for full amount or I can`t take the car home. I had to fraudulently write a bad check! WTF. car comes out of detailing find a dent on it and both door panels are not holding where the handle is . If I hadn`t signed those papers already I would have left. I`m not sure if I can still get out of the deal since they haven`t gotten their money yet. Any thoughts. O Yeah they dont have a loaner car for when my door parts are in. PISSED IN ILLINOIS.

·
Registered
147 Posts
first of all I would have not even wrote a bad check...that is a big no no...can get thrown in jail for that...and if you cant get approved for the deal..then they will just tear up the papers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I used to work at a dealership selling cars and SuperSweet is absolutely correct. You shouldn't have written that check. Also, if the car is so f-ed up, then why did you accept it? You can always back out of a contract. I beleive that in most cases you are given 3 days to back out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They told me it was company policy to have that check for me to take the car. picked car up at 845pm thurs night. would mon. be concidered 3 or four days

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well still the point is...if you dont have the money to cover the check you should have not taken the car...policy or not.. and Monday would be 4 days...so unless you get totally approved...the you are stuck with the responibility of bouncing that check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I`m not saying I don`t like the car. they will fix everything before they get their check. The buisness manager told me and my wife I they don`t have a loaner car I can get one from the lot.And yes we will have no problem getting the loan upped .It was only 1200 more,she said yes but it needs approved through the board.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hell i dident sign a thing and they let me take the car home that night and think about it if i wanted it or not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts