Cobalts SS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone knows that water injection is great for making more power on supercharged/turbocharged apps. But there are still miss information out there. I am here to help.

Some common questions about water methanol injection can be found here. Devilsown water injection FAQ

Here is another good source of information. Devilsown Methanol Alcohol Water Injection

Where to mount your nozzle? What size nozzle to run?

So ask away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with tunning 20-30hp is very common on these. The t/c seem to make better power off it than the s/c guys. I don't have any dynos handy.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
ok, I bought a kit awhile back but then turned around and sold it because i couldnt get tuned for it. But now that the cars been out for awhile iam sure someone can help me with the tune.

·
Registered
31 Posts
why is your progressive controler better then the boost one
bc if your going off the sensor or getting it off a direct boost line

2 how come you guys are the only ones that a tank doesnt come with the kit i mean im spending 400 and i cant even get a 1 gallon thing like the other ones bc i am not really into using my washer tank

how do u recommind dialing it in like should you use the 3gph 5 or 7 wheres a baseline to start off of every one says modds depending depending on what

how do you dial it in on the progressive controler theres 2 dials on it how do you put it to start or stop
is it based on rpm or boost

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i assume why is our controller with the built in map sensor better than the one that uses the factory sensor. Only differnce other than the price would be the range, stock only ges up to 2.5 bar and ours with the built in map sensor goes up to 3 bar.

We don't want to force someone into x size tank. Most others also sell diesel kits with 3 quart tanks, when they can drain that tank in 1/8 of a tank of fuel. Eveyone got there own needs and size requirments. We have tanks that mount on the floor like our 2.5 gallon baffled tank and we have small tanks that mount up and away like our 2 qt tanks. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/tanks-6/

Systems hooks up to your map sensor or it hooks up to a boost line so its boost based. X amount of boost creates Y amount of heat so its best to run based off of boost.

I would strt off with a do3 nozzle and monitor your iat and go up in nozzle size till your iat is close to your ambient temps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts