Cobalts SS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAve some from last year and this year. Didnt turn out good, camerea wasnt holding a charge and they all came out dark. Any wayher they go. I have lots of pics so if any body wants some like z06 me412 pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
What?!?! Only a boost meter now? Werent there supposed to be boost, volt, and oil meters (on the a-pillar)?

This car is becoming dissapointing....

·
Registered
15 Posts
BlownSS said:
There was always just the boost gauge on the A pillar, Ive havent heard of there being the volt or oil gauges.
That might be include in the DIC (Drivers Information Center). Got a look at a sedan, and I cant remember if those were on there or not. Mostly likely not.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the boost gauge idea, but for some reason I don't like the gauges, I guess I'm just a big fan of white faced gauges, I thought chev would go with those as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
that would be cool if they had a boost and an egt gauge with a dual pod in the apillar!! thats what I had in my stealth and it looked awesome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not feelin' the gauges. Looks nice though. I hear that the SC is already running at max boost from the factory? So I guess buying pulleys, and keeping up with the stock SRt-4's isn't happening, or am I wrong? Very nice car.

·
Registered
454 Posts
SRT-4aKId said:
I'm not feelin' the gauges. Looks nice though. I hear that the SC is already running at max boost from the factory? So I guess buying pulleys, and keeping up with the stock SRt-4's isn't happening, or am I wrong? Very nice car.
There is some room to grow with the supercharger. There has to be some other factors taken into account first. The injectors are near max, the Mass Airflow sensor is about maxed, and the Manifold Pressure Sensor is about maxed. The supercharger is spinning around 11,500 rpms to the best of anyone's knowledege here. 1:85 ratio pulley at 6,450 redline. The manufacturer's site only shows test results for up to 14,000 RPMs. There is ALOT of room to debate what the limits of the device are. We have a few GrandPrix owners at the Redline Forums and they claim to be spinning their M90's WELL in excess of that number. The biggest issue there is, will the increase in heat offset the increase in boost pressure. Also, with the Manifold Pressure Sensor maxing out at 14.7, that needs to be upgraded to read the higher boost levels so the computer can keep fuel control.

Personally,I feel there is alot of room to grow. I don't think GM would send out an engine that is able to handle between 400-700 hp on mainly stock internals, and not provide any room to grow. If you look at that Cobalt 272 that was at SEMA, they claim to have got that HP with NO major engine work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which autoshow was this from? I was just at the toronto show and we couldn't sit in the SS. Wish I made it to Detroit this year, first miss in 5 years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
tecmec said:
What?!?! Only a boost meter now? Werent there supposed to be boost, volt, and oil meters (on the a-pillar)?

This car is becoming dissapointing....
I never read that anywhere, maybe you're right but I've been following this car closely and never saw anything say more than the boost gauge.

6-speed transmission is ANOTHER story... I still haven't heard what happened to that idea. I suppose with the extra torque from the supercharger, you don't really need a 6-speed transmission... but it still would have been cool as hell! Was anyone else surprised to find they changed their mind about the 6-speed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zilla said:
Which autoshow was this from? I was just at the toronto show and we couldn't sit in the SS. Wish I made it to Detroit this year, first miss in 5 years.
HOUston auto show

1 - 15 of 15 Posts