Cobalts SS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
One, I don't have the SC/SS. I have the 2.4 SS. But the horsepower increase of Stage 1 and the torque increase of Stage 2 doesn't seem to...WOW.

They better make sure that the pricing is cheap enough.

I wonder why they couldn't bump up the horsepower by 40hp or 60hp?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well it's definitely nice to know it's official. I just wish they'd say whether it is covered under warranty. Also...I'm going to take a stab and say the power increases will be underrated on paper?

Great find none the less!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Need more incentive? GM Performance hoss John Heinricy says he expects a 20 percent power boost from the Stage 2 kit “when all is said and done.” That’s about 246 hp and 240 lb-ft, if you’re keeping score.
It says he EXPECTS a 20% power boost. Then the author states the actual numbers for it being 20% (246hp and 240tq). I would say it will have more than that. Plus this does not include other things such as exhaust and CAI.

Also I would say around $1000 for this. New injectors $150 each, new pully $150, tuning $250 does not sound unreasonable to me. Really a thousand bucks for a 40+ HP increase is pretty good considering a turbo will set you back $3000+ for around the same dollar per horsepower ratio.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, good to know its official, at least for stage 1 and 2.

I had hoped they'd be released by the end of the summer, but its looking more like end of the year, or early january...

Least they'll be ready for next season.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Also remember, these are GM rated numbers. So in what the staged kits actually put down could be more.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Now this is great news! i've been waiting for something to boost the 'Balts performance. If the price is at $1000, that's not too terrible. I do think that GM will underrate the power increase like they always do. Can't wait to see the dynos on the TRUE power increases!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, as of now, the PSI-Fi kit is the better deal if we assume a $1000 price tag on Stages 1&2 and the $550+install on the PSI-Fi kit. The PSI-Fi kit has already been dyno'd at 40+WHP and 40+WTQ over stock, and if we use the numbers released by GM, then the PSI-Fi kit would have the upper hand, because I would assume the GM rated numbers were estimated crank HP. We'll have to see what the true numbers are on the GM kit with some dyno's from people who have had them installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts