Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, while backing out of the garage, in the dark, while it was raining, I seemed to have hit our ford F-350 truck which was parked directly behind me :( . The bumper is pushed up and cracked, and the trunk lid has a dent in it, you can't see it very well in the photos. The truck is fine, I wish I could say the same about my car.

I wonder how much that's going to cost at the body shop :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
tube said:
This morning, while backing out of the garage, in the dark, while it was raining, I seemed to have hit our ford F-350 truck which was parked directly behind me :( . The bumper is pushed up and cracked, and the trunk lid has a dent in it, you can't see it very well in the photos. The truck is fine, I wish I could say the same about my car.

I wonder how much that's going to cost at the body shop :mad:
Stupid Fords. :p What is your deductible?

·
Registered
273 Posts
That stinks friend. It pained me to have my SS injured.

Take it as an opportunity to debadge and possibly remove spoiler if thats your thing! ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
replacement parts r cheap as hell for this car if u need a bumper(somehtin in the $200 area as opposed to around $450 for my car) i would say from the pics somewhere in the $1000-$1250 range

(I work in a bodyshop)

·
Registered
125 Posts
checked it out at work today,
Bumper:295.80
paint labor: 2hrs at $48(our shops rate) $96
Install labor:2hrs, $96
body work on trunk: 1.75hrs, $84
paint on trunk:1hr, $48
misc. supplys n shit: probly about $75

so probly around 700, depending on the shop, i dont kno what u mean my cracked bumper (paint is cracked, or bumper itself is cracked) but if the bumper itself is cracked dont let the shop tell u they can fix it, 90% of the time it will crack again, so ur better off just buyin a new bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts