Cobalts SS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer tells me my 2006 SS/Sc will be here about sep 28th. so ok thats all good. then yesterday they tell me that my car won't be here until, at the very soonest, December, may be january. What the [email protected]&K? They say that its backordered. more demand than supply. that is bull shit. :mad:
Anyone else outhere have this problem?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
GMtec said:
So my dealer tells me my 2006 SS/Sc will be here about sep 28th. so ok thats all good. then yesterday they tell me that my car won't be here until, at the very soonest, December, may be january. What the [email protected]&K? They say that its backordered. more demand than supply. that is bull shit. :mad:
Anyone else outhere have this problem?
I am sure, all these problems from the hurricane aren't helping. With moving things around the country. :(

They could be just trying to get you to pay more for one too.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
take a voice recorder into your dealership and leave it running in your pocket. tell them you were told it would be ready by sep 28th and that's when you want it. when they say something to acknowledge they told you that, pull the tape recorder out and tell them you want your car or a refund.

that will solve the issue real quick

a hurricane has shit to do with your new car. the fact that it was even brought up is totally immature and uncalled for.

and don't take anyone else with you, because the salesmen will be really careful what they say if you have a witness.... let the recorder be your sidekick. also if they start to deny anything tell them that voice recognition has come a long way in the last few years and have a nice chuckle at their expense

<edit> what dealership was this? and what city so we can spread the bad word about them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off , its a good dealer. Hell i am a tec there, the sales team is A+. im not bad mouthing them. this is just what they told me. and i don't think that the recorder thing would work, where ever you are. and i don't think the hurricane has much to do with it. lordstown is now where close to the golf.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, a 2006 cobalt SS that is supercharged. i ordered a black SS/SC with onstar and air bags, and the recaro/LSD options. but now it won't be here till like december or january. got i hope the old Beretta GTZ holds up till then

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
selfinfliction said:
the recorder will work man. that will show that you have verbal agreement. agreements are agreements, visual our auditory.
the dealer can't do anything about it. its not there fault, its GM's problem, they have more demand on the SS/SC than they can or are makeing. the recorder won't do shit. About the only thing a dealer could do is a dealer transfer. that is if there is any 06's that have what i wan't in them, and only if the dealer that has it is willing to give it up. which most if not all, are not. so im just gona wait and save that much more money up to put down on the car. that and i am going to buy a hood and exuhst. i was thinking of a Aero turbine exhust. anyone think its a good idea?
http://www.aero-turbine.com/buy/details_2540i.html

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
selfinfliction said:
a hurricane has shit to do with your new car. the fact that it was even brought up is totally immature and uncalled for.
You know what? Blow me, asswipe. You are a fucking lame ass. Do you not know whats going on all over the country because of that hurricane?? So yeah it might have something to do with cars being built and distributed. Look how much gas prices have gone up since the hurricane. 10 cents here in less then a week. Over 3 bucks. You are a immature peon. Why don't you try to educate yourself and find out whats going on in the world(at GM) instead of telling this person to stick it to the dealer(man)? Fucking joke. :mad:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ordered my car through CarsDirect.com. Salesman at the various dealers gave me the total run around.
I had an email the day after contacting CarsDirect. I ordered the car the next day, that was July 20. I picked up my car yesterday, Aug 31.
Arrival blue, G85, XM and an ash tray.
It could be true that GM can't keep up with the demand now. Be patient. It will be worth the wait. Besides, you just might be able to pick up the Stage 2 kit at the same time!
I live in Portland OR, and mine is the first I've seen period! It's pretty neat to drive a car that no one else has. And trust me, folks notice! Heads turn....even if the WRX guys are thinking they will kick my butt. Just give me a couple of months......
Ron

·
Registered
492 Posts
wasey13 said:
You know what? Blow me, asswipe. You are a fucking lame ass. Do you not know whats going on all over the country because of that hurricane?? So yeah it might have something to do with cars being built and distributed. Look how much gas prices have gone up since the hurricane. 10 cents here in less then a week. Over 3 bucks. You are a immature peon. Why don't you try to educate yourself and find out whats going on in the world(at GM) instead of telling this person to stick it to the dealer(man)? Fucking joke. :mad:
Aren't these cars produced somewhere in Tennessee like the RL's? If so, I'm sure the hurricane has SOME effect on the production line for at least a little while, assuming there was no structural damage to the building. It's always a possibility.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I thought the plant in tennessee was a saturn plant? Arn't lots of chev plants out in michigan and ontario can? I have no idea, just from what commerical's say.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had the same problem...went to the dealer the told me ther was no ss in Alberta (canada so for the hell of it I went to another dealer...they took me to the back and showed me a new black SS., they also said it was sold. but no down payment yet....I gave them my credit card and it know sits in my garage
Yeah baby

·
Registered
492 Posts
XeroState said:
I thought the plant in tennessee was a saturn plant? Arn't lots of chev plants out in michigan and ontario can? I have no idea, just from what commerical's say.
I'm sure most are, but it wouldn't make sense to have the Cobalt plant and Ion plant so far away, being they share so many parts, ya know? I think I remember hearing that they are going to produce the 07 or 08 Ion's in the Cobalt plant, which also makes me think it's close.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts