Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know most of the rme guys know this, but there is a club clash this friday at bandimere. $35 to race and depending on what time you show up, you either get 2, 1, or no practice runs. only $10 to watch. all kinds of cars are there and it's a lot of fun. hopefully some of you will be able to go. get there before 5:30 for 2 practice runs. if someone needs a club to run with, let me know.

·
Registered
347 Posts
the RME guys run under the letter S designation for Boosted Domestics

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, i obviously did not know that, but thanks for telling me so i know who to look for. you coming?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Do you have to run with a club? I take it 5:30 PM. It's my B-day on the 25th that would be one hell of a way to spend the evening! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
i might be making this. not sure yet. i'd have to stay at work late (i usually leave at noon on fridays) or leave, go home, and then come back down. i dont even have 3K on it yet, so im not gonna run it yet.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CobaltSSilver said:
Do you have to run with a club? I take it 5:30 PM. It's my B-day on the 25th that would be one hell of a way to spend the evening! :)

kind of. it's called club clash and you get points for winning with your team. our team is open for anyone, so you can join us if you want. good b-day present.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pwmin said:
i might be making this. not sure yet. i'd have to stay at work late (i usually leave at noon on fridays) or leave, go home, and then come back down. i dont even have 3K on it yet, so im not gonna run it yet.
you have more than 1500 miles. run it!!!!! you'll be suprised at some of the cars running there. i laugh at a lot of them, but you should get some track time in. it's good for the body and soul.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
whodis said:
kind of. it's called club clash and you get points for winning with your team. our team is open for anyone, so you can join us if you want. good b-day present.

Cool, if I can make it what time do I have to be there to sign on with a club? What's the best way to meet up with you?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here's the important info.
Due to the large number of particpants, time runs will be limited as follows:
Participants entering before 5:30 pm - two time runs
Participants entering after 5:30 pm - one time run
Participants entering at 6:30 pm - no time runs

Gates Open 3:00 pm
Time Trials 3:30 pm
Eliminations Approximentely 7:00 pm

i will be there about 4pm. you can send me a message and i'll give you my contact info. hope you can go. last month there was only 1 other cobalt. you can get signup whenever. just be there before 6:30pm or you can't drive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
looks like im getting my girl on friday night, so this is out and probably the dyno too

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can't wait. one more day, one more day. i'm slow, but it's fun being there. see you all there.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Did the tranny drop on you in the first 500 miles? That's crazy!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a bolt blew out of it. there was a tsb that they forgot to put sealer on it, or it wasn't tightened correctly. sucks, so are they replacing it, or are they giving you a new one?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
whodis said:
a bolt blew out of it. there was a tsb that they forgot to put sealer on it, or it wasn't tightened correctly. sucks, so are they replacing it, or are they giving you a new one?

Sounds like that would need a new tranni.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he was right behind me at bandi when it happened, and he had smoke rolling out the back and the abs light came on and fluid was dripping. quite a sight. a sorry one. no fun. hope it gets fixed the right way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts