Cobalts SS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from the dyno... this one was a mustang dyno and the guys actually knew how to use it unlike the other shop i went to a week or so ago

results were:

hp 206.7 @ 6500 rpm

tq 184.3 @ 5500 rpm

pulls were done in 4th and look like they're right on track with the rest of you guys for stock #'s.... i do have to say i miss the sound of the airbox mod lol.. i can't wait to put that damn thing back on :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Was this a stock baseline? I had my stock baseline done on a Mustang Dyno, but with 187WHP and 177WTQ. Granted this was in the middle of summer, but still. I don't think operator error would gain or lose 20whp, would it?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue04RedLine said:
I don't think operator error would gain or lose 20whp, would it?

every dyno is different. that's why when you go to a dyno if you are trying to tune or you want to get a real reading of how much the parts give you, you should always go back to the same dyno.

and yes the car is bone stock

·
Registered
492 Posts
I agree with going back to the same dyno, but I would like to get a baseline dyno on a different dyno where I have faith in the guys running it. There was one guy that strapped down the car, ran the program, and drove it on the dyno, all with a broken left leg. He had his 15 year old brother set up the whole program though. That made me leery.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think the problem was with the dyno operators, it was with the dyno itself. Mustang Dynos typically produce numbers 10-15HP lower than DynoJets. I dyno'd a little over 110HP/115tq in my car on a Mustang Dyno, but my car feels just as fast as my friend's 160HP/140tq base RSX with i/e. So your numbers aren't surprising considering you were on a Mustang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts