Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Cobalt LT and was looking at installing an 4 Channel MTX tc4004 amp. I was told that by disconnecting the battery the stereo would become locked and I would have to take it to the dealer to get it fixed. I am wondering if this is true, and if it is what can I do to bypass it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Never heard of that. You may lose your presets and the time

·
Registered
4 Posts
that is more of a honda thing

GM puts a code on you radio and the same one on the car and it needs them to both match before the radio will work

if you put that radio in a different cobalt it would not work

honda's ( and others ) have a code that you get when you buy the car and if it looses power you need to put in that code to make it work again

so your good to go

i fix cars and it sucks when people take out or loose the code when i need it

·
Registered
41 Posts
LIE!! I jut disconected mine and nothing happend only thing that happend was i had to reset the time and date like Skoal boy said.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
I can tell you that we disconnected the battery on our 2006 Colbat SS/SC with no issues other then losing the time.... In fact, on many of my cars I prefer to remove the battery and have the PCM reset and relearn... It may or may not be true, but I tend to drive my cars slow like a grandma, and it seems the PCMs adapt to this driving style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts