Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in huntsville, just cruizing along on 431 and I came up on a new ss. Looked brand new actually. Still had dealer tags and all.... Anyway did the usual nod. What's up, nice car, etc. Anyway, we end up playing around and it seemed every time we took off I would pull on him(on the spray). Might not have been broken in. I just expected a little more I guess. My car doesn't have the best top end in the world...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Novajoe said:
I was in huntsville, just cruizing along on 431 and I came up on a new ss. Looked brand new actually. Still had dealer tags and all.... Anyway did the usual nod. What's up, nice car, etc. Anyway, we end up playing around and it seemed every time we took off I would pull on him(on the spray). Might not have been broken in. I just expected a little more I guess. My car doesn't have the best top end in the world...
With your trap speeds, I would eat you up on the roll in my SS! I don't know your 60 ft. time, that's up in the air as far as a dig run. Mine is 2.16 with some good wheelspin at the top end of 1st!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I should have mentioned that the shot I got that time with was a dry 60 shot. I've upgraded to a wet 75 now. Going to the track this weekend to get some times out of it. Those runs are also with out the SEMS. That's when I was running up to 11.2 a/f at around redline.

What are your cobalts usually trapping?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With my current times, you'd definately have me on the top end. Usually people do. I'm only making around 150 at the wheels without the giggle juice. But since my power isn't mind blowing, I can usually get out of the whole fairly quickly. From there I just let the nitrous carry me. As soon as I can get my nitrous control set up with my 'squirt, then I'll add a WOT switch and reduce some of the lag in spraying. Then I'll also be able to spray first too. As I stand right now I'm not spending enough time in first to take my hand off the shifter and hit the button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts