Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm new here. I have an 05 Cobalt SS S/C. And I was going to go with the twin Charge kit by zzp. But I changed my mind. I have 1000$ bucks to blow. I know I am going to need a clutch. I've seen that the stock ones are junk. So I was wondering what I could do with a thousand dollars to get my moneys worth?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welll.... I'd suggest getting a Clutch. You can find plenty of those for cheap. And then go from there

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nitrous is a killer for all engines. makes more wear and tear and weakens cylinder walls over a short period of time. Its not the best idea for a mod

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you plan on doing any serious modding in the future, definintely get a clutch that can handle the power you one day want to put down. As far as bang for buck, put a stage kit on there. Your stock clutch will be able to handle a Stage II upgrade.

·
1,087 Posts
Just remember to put away a whopping $5 on the side to hang a little Pokemon doll from the rear bumper just like all the other rice rockets. That simple but costly modification will produce extreme down force, better underflow and in terms more cornering G's through any turn. (As long as its stays attached to your rear bumper).

Then, you will have all the rest of your money to invest in N2O! And have a race from the Fast & Furious....

No seriously, get that stock clutch changed out and then see what bolt-ons you can do with the money left over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts