Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an original news story, dated December 16th, 1998, about then president Clinton's threat to Saddam hussein, and why the threat was made. Read the script in the yellow boxes on the right side of the screen. Here is my favorite quote he said in his speech to the American people:

"The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government -- a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people," Clinton said.

This is just ONE piece of evidence that all this "war not being legite" argument by liberals is false, and are using politics to brainswash the people to be against the war, and to get themselves more seats in the House and Senate.

Read on....http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
yep i was actually deployed during desert fox... it was not cool cause we were all about to go on leave within 2 weeks before they cancelled everyone's and then shipped our asses out. they actually combined desert fox with desert thunder, which then became operation desert thunder II and that's when all the shit started going down. we got to blow up a bunch of stuff during that time... first time i pulled the trigger on another tank and watched it go kablooey from 3800 meters away :D

but you have to realize that desert fox/thunder whatever you want to call it... our purpose was to destroy any chem/bio/nuclear plants and any military forces that operated or guarded the facilities. that's it... there was nothing to do with changing the goverment, accusations of them actually making chem weapons.... sadaam refused to let weapons inspectors into certain factories so we rubbed them off the map. we didn't destory an entire countries infrastructure back then
two totally different things.

and how many people died during desert thunder II ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts