Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was it wet out? I have noticed after driving my new car in the rain that the only part that gets dirty is the rear end. Looks like white spots on my black car though. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would say if you are worried about that maybe look into a factory cleanup see if they can do an old oil cleanup or reccomend a safe additive to help clean out the motor.

Or run some chevron high octane through it for a couple tanks and see if that helps.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Its carbon from the exhaust. Mine has it too. You need to clay bar the car and wax it to prevent that. The clay will take it off, and the wax keeps it from coming back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanx. A friend of my has a red ss and he took his car to the shop and the looked at the fuel injector and it was full of carbon. will gm since him a letter telling him he needs to change his driving habbits. they told him to drive it faster :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, all of our cars run rich, and that is GM's solution to keep the engine safe. Thats what we have to deal with until you do a custom tune on the car. You are gonna get smoke from the large injectors. Driving a little faster will help clear out the fuel system by allowing everything to work at full tilt, but it will not solve the black spots on the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts