Cobalts SS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys at work picked up a new SS/SC a few weeks ago. I go into work on weds and he said his car was at the dealer because there was no sound, from radio, turn signals anything.

They pretty much wasted hours of his time didn't do anything so it left it. When he got it back they said they replaced the radio, but that wasent the problem they said they had to order a new amp wont be in till monday. I figured I would see if I could give him a hand and see if that was really the problem since they said it was the radio first and not the amp.

I went in the fuse box checked the 20A fuse for the amp, it was blown, figured simple fix and go to replace it. Before I even get the new one in blows. What the hell is up with that? I don't really understand what would cause this, car only has like 1400 miles or something on it. He is just going to let the dealer replace the amp now, but I'm still curious to what would cause that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if your friend is running a stock stereo system (sub and amp)....DO NOT TRY A BIGGER FUSE. The system was designed for a 20A...anything bigger may damage wiring/amp/sub etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts