Cobalts SS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what my problem is but maybe u guys can help. i was sitting idleing for about 5 min when all of a sudden i started pouring blue smoke out of my exhaust. i was in a shitty neighborhood so i couldnt just turn the car off and look so i drove away and as soon as i got around the block there was no smoke at all. got to a friends house and checked the oil right away. level was good color was good. slight oder of gas but im told thats normal. this happened a couple of months ago and hasn't happened again. boost steady around 18psi spikes 21. engine still makes power only noticable problem is i cut out up top. plugs r good not fowled im thinking my tune is not to good. its dry around the turbo, no leaking oil so wtf happened. i do have a compressor surge issue but i havent drove the car hard at all since i started getting the surge. i try not to drive the car at all but i somtimes i have no choice. hopefully someone can tell me whats goin on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i havent checked the injectors. thats not a bad idea. somtimes the car runs great i took it out yesterday and it ran perect.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Its not a injector, its either ou blew a seal out of your turbo or you cracked a piston, best way to tell is a commpression test if thats good order a new 02 housing gasket, tkae off your 02housing and see if there is oil there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the seal was blown would i be holding 18psi steady? i was told i would loose boost if the seal was blown. i got a reply on another forum and this has happened to other people. the guy said his was a blockage in the oil return line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts