Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife were in cherry hill tonight for dinner. On the way to the restarant. We catch a red light and sitting at the light is a silver new edge Mustang with a single wide black stripe running down the middle of the car with a thin pin stripe on the outside of the wide stripe.. Also had some fairly large crome wheels. Probably 19s maybe 20. Good looking car. The thing I liked the most was the guys vanity plate that read NITEMARE. Well the road we were on is loaded with lights so I deceided to get next to the guy at the next light. I gave him a thumbs up and he rolled down his window. I yelled nice car. He said yours to. I asked what's up with the nitemare plate and he replied that he's a nightmare for all the other cars on the road. I raised my eyebrows said Really??? He asked if I wanted to find out and rolled up his window. Light turned grean and I'm spinning as usual. Even launching in second the falken fk450s dont have any bite on the cold blacktop. He gets about 1.5 cars out of the gate on me. By 70 I'm on his door and by 100 when we let out I was maybe a little more than a car ahead. I was on my pump gas tune so I was a little down on power tonight. He follows us into the Restrant parking lot and he laughed and said loosing to a Neon was His worst nightmare. Good dude. We talked for a few minutes and he told me he was a bolt on car with a V2 blower running 8 psi of boost. My wife got bored with the car nonsense and we had to go inside or we probably would have talked more.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i call bs, the mustang wasn't racing.

jfwy good kill

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
Nice, Iam sick of fucken hondas comming up next to me at every stop lite and trying to race me. Iam stock besides a Hahn CAI, and i smoke them everytime. And whats bad is i think its the same guy just with different cars. LOL.

PS Sorry if iam thread jacking.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice kill dude. How is old Cherry Hill these days? I'm from that area

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice, Iam sick of fucken hondas comming up next to me at every stop lite and trying to race me. Iam stock besides a Hahn CAI, and i smoke them everytime. And whats bad is i think its the same guy just with different cars. LOL.

PS Sorry if iam thread jacking.
Those guys with the Hondas....

Who can't relate? Same with the Integra guys.

I'll line up with either of you guys and you won't have to worry about winning. :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
I knew you would make that comment Integraboy. Was just waiting to see how long it would take. If you have the mods you claim to have, there is no doubt that your car is fast. I know a lot of SERIOUS Honda guys that put out only ~230whp (all motor) and smoke vettes. But the rest are just rookies and have them for show. Those are the one that I'm talking bout.

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew you would make that comment Integraboy. Was just waiting to see how long it would take. If you have the mods you claim to have, there is no doubt that your car is fast. I know a lot of SERIOUS Honda guys that put out only ~230whp (all motor) and smoke vettes. But the rest are just rookies and have them for show. Those are the one that I'm talking bout.
Ain't nothing wrong with red saying it as long as he can back it up. And I hope your talking around a autocross when you say they smoke vettes because a 230HP honda wont be in the same zip code as a ls2 or ls3 vette. When the vette walks off..

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nope. Its all off the line racing. I'll give you a link that will show you what I'm talking bout.

Remember, these Honda Civic Eg's are at 2200 lbs and ~230 to the wheels. NO spray or turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELW9WMLkzNI&feature=PlayList&p=E49F39721D97F00A&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o51qJZbpnk&feature=PlayList&p=E49F39721D97F00A&index=17 (there is the vette kill)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqGYxxEnCZs&feature=PlayList&p=E49F39721D97F00A&index=19 (not a kill but you see that its a Z06??)

More proof of the shit that happens here? There are more links and you should check them out. Some of the hatch's are turbo but look for that Gray civic. Thing is a BEAST!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope. Its all off the line racing. I'll give you a link that will show you what I'm talking bout.

Remember, these Honda Civic Eg's are at 2200 lbs and ~230 to the wheels. NO spray or turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELW9WMLkzNI&feature=PlayList&p=E49F39721D97F00A&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o51qJZbpnk&feature=PlayList&p=E49F39721D97F00A&index=17 (there is the vette kill)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqGYxxEnCZs&feature=PlayList&p=E49F39721D97F00A&index=19 (not a kill but you see that its a Z06??)

More proof of the shit that happens here? There are more links and you should check them out. Some of the hatch's are turbo but look for that Gray civic. Thing is a BEAST!
Emmm where to start? the links all say turbo civic. which would be like reds build. Big turbo, lotta boost, major HP. I know we've went over the power to weight thing before but lets try it again. Civic at 2200. Now divide that by 230Hp. you get 9.565 pounds per horsepower. Now lets do the Vette. 3200 pound car divided by it's 400Hp and you get 8.0 pounds per horsepower for the LS2 Corvette or 7.441 pounds per horsepower for the LS3. (2300/430Hp) Now a 230Hp honda on sticky tires could probably do mid 13s maybe even low 13s. the Corvette is a mid to high 12 second car on street tires. I love to race and beat high end cars like the zo6 or the GT500 but I also know I win those races because I'm a better driver and my 4 banger is sitting on close to 400 at the wheels. 230 just is not enough to get the job done. Throw a compatent driver in the Zo6 and I'm toast! Even with 400Hp.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice Kill. Only mustang I've gotten to race was a mildly modded GT, 99 I think it was, and we were even till about 120 then my top end showed up for the game and by time we hit 130 he was at my rear bumper. So I say again, Nice Kill! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll line up with either of you guys and you won't have to worry about winning. :D
lol
This is true...
Check out the new baby in my sig red...
I fuckin love it...
:)

Coulda swore u were just talkin shit about hondas...
I guess as long as they're not racin cobalts then they're fast huh?
ha...

Nice Kill. Only mustang I've gotten to race was a mildly modded GT, 99 I think it was, and we were even till about 120 then my top end showed up for the game and by time we hit 130 he was at my rear bumper. So I say again, Nice Kill! :)
I do believe the stang is governed at 118...
Least the sixxer was till I tuned it...
Good kill nonetheless...

-Coop

·
Registered
72 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts