Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my cai and i just ordered my exhaust system and header.... any other bolt on ideas for extra HP... every little bit helps. thanx for any and all who reply.

·
Registered
98 Posts
mikeyb0y said:
i have my cai and i just ordered my exhaust system and header.... any other bolt on ideas for extra HP... every little bit helps. thanx for any and all who reply.

the downpipe is probably the most restrictive part of the whole exhaust... with a high flow cat you can expect around 7-10 hp... header... and then you can worry about getting your power to the ground with things like motor mounts, etc...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx.... my brother is a ASE certified mechanic so i'm able to get the hook up there..... but i can only catch 'em on weekends... but thanx for the info.... :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
get the juice my cobalt loves it!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no into the juice !

no ( easy way out ) perfomance.... no nitrous for me... it takes the fun out of ur personal touch on ur cobalt !! its like having a parent buy u a new 07 ss/sc with all the trimmings... sure its paid for.... but when u have to work everyday and save money for that car payment, when its paid off.. u appreciate more... becuz that car is urs and the money was hard-earned

·
Registered
98 Posts
mikeyb0y said:
no ( easy way out ) perfomance.... no nitrous for me... it takes the fun out of ur personal touch on ur cobalt !! its like having a parent buy u a new 07 ss/sc with all the trimmings... sure its paid for.... but when u have to work everyday and save money for that car payment, when its paid off.. u appreciate more... becuz that car is urs and the money was hard-earned

i personally don't like nitrous, and think it's similar to a weiht lifter using sterioids... you the dude gets big really quick, but as soon as he stops the steriods he shrivels back up

·
Registered
379 Posts
D4u2s0t said:
i personally don't like nitrous, and think it's similar to a weiht lifter using sterioids... you the dude gets big really quick, but as soon as he stops the steriods he shrivels back up
I agree 100%. Nitrous is undeniably the steroids of racing. Most people who really cherish there vehicle would never spray it anyway.

Now if you want to spray your weekend warrior/pure race car just for fun then thats another story. I just would never put that stuff on my daily driver. The nitrous companies will try to tell you how "safe" and "engine-friendly" there product is, but theres a reason why it voids every warranty you have.

·
Registered
210 Posts
your a bunch of uneducated children speaking about something you don't know about. i would go into the reality of a nitrous kit vs. a turbo kit but i would be wasting my time. sorry for posting on your thread and getting flamed for no reason. it's just an opnion. and if you read all my sig i have a turbo in the works as soon as hahn gets them available for shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts