Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i hear GM performance makes boost pulleys that add horse for the superchargers on the SS's and they dont void warrenty. If this is true were can i get one lol I cant find them anywhere websites phone numbers anything thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea i dunno about this boost pulley but if u change ur current s/c pulley to a smaller diameter it will add some hp for ya

·
Registered
67 Posts
uhh i do beleive if u have an autozone or most autopart stores carry the smaller diameter pulleys and not to sure about the hp add of it but i know it makes a diffrence

·
Banned
200 Posts
A smaller S/C pulley at autozone? LOL.

GMP will probably overcharge for a pulley like with everything else they sell. There is a vendor on here already selling pulleys for Cobalts, South Florida Pulley Headquarters, or S.F.P.H. I believe is his s/n on here. Talk to him if youre interested in upping your boost. Remember though, its a good idea to do a few supporting mods before you do a pulley swap, like a new intake, exhaust, colder plugs, and a 180* thermostat wouldnt hurt either.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
GTP's right, knock out some other stuff first. The pulley will be much more effective when used with all of these things (that GTP mentioned) wouldnt hurt to get better injectors either, from what I've heard they are nearly maxed out. But you could wait til a new computer (or computer tuning device anywho) comes out that will change the fuel curves, spark, etc to get the injectors I guess. Just another thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts