Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else's gauge look like this when they punch it???? Mine doesnt it.... Mine is at about 10psi.. I was reading on the Chevy website they are saying the SS will hit 12psi.. Well if it does I guess I should bring my SS back up to the dealer again.. Anyone have the same problem???

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have heard alot of people complain about only getting 10 psi but most have have blammed it on the gauge being shitty and not the fact that they are not actually producing the boost.

·
Registered
93 Posts
dude, take it back... if it doesn't work, at least document it for later when they'll replace it or tell you that it worked fine when you bought it! Mine shows the full 12.5, so there are cars out there that it works on.

·
Registered
765 Posts
BizoCG said:
Does anyone else's gauge look like this when they punch it???? Mine doesnt it.... Mine is at about 10psi.. I was reading on the Chevy website they are saying the SS will hit 12psi.. Well if it does I guess I should bring my SS back up to the dealer again.. Anyone have the same problem???
How many miles do you have on your car? I know this may sound funny but mine didn't hit over 10psi until around 2500 miles. Now the supercharger is alot louder and I am hitting 12psi easily without mods. Maybe the engine/supercharger both need broken in???????

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have 7000 and only hit the first line after 10psi which I believe is 11.25 psi. I believe each line is 1.25psi if my calculations are correct

·
Registered
306 Posts
BizoCG said:
Mine reads 18-19psi, at full throttle, o wait, nevermind that's spraying nitrous, damn, in all reality for normal driving I get the full 12.5 psi at WOT, but when I first got the car it would only boost to 10 psi, it needs break in before it goes to full boost potential... :eek:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Im at 3500miles and only showing 10.5psi on the gauge right about redline... Thats ok though... PsiFi kit will be here tomorrow and my mechanical boost gauge will be here early next week hopefully :D ... Then Ill know what its really pushing... unless the new gauge is jacked ! :( wouldnt that suck? Only read 10psi on mechanical gauge with Psifi kit installed ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
i know this is going to sound dumb but i have looked at the psi-fi website and i still can't find out whayt exactly the kit comes with and the HP numbers it is supposed to produce.

·
Registered
306 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Im at 3500miles and only showing 10.5psi on the gauge right about redline... Thats ok though... PsiFi kit will be here tomorrow and my mechanical boost gauge will be here early next week hopefully :D ... Then Ill know what its really pushing... unless the new gauge is jacked ! :( wouldnt that suck? Only read 10psi on mechanical gauge with Psifi kit installed ?
PM me and let me know the results of the install, I'd really like to have some pictures and more than the one dyno sheet I've seen on here. If you can just post up a picture of the kit, that would be cool too...thanks I think I'm going to get mine on the 1st of next month, on payday...I'm so excited, hehe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea i have 6000miles on mine & it only goes to 10 but at high rpms like over 4.5+ to redline its about 12.5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts