Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved an e-mail from borla. they say they will have an cat back exhaist available online for the cobalt in a couple of weeks the part number is #140138 no exact price or tube diamater yet prob. 2.5 or so.

·
Registered
186 Posts
cobaltssblue said:
I just recieved an e-mail from borla. they say they will have an cat back exhaist available online for the cobalt in a couple of weeks the part number is #140138 no exact price or tube diamater yet prob. 2.5 or so.
nice i just logged on to post this i just got the email too.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Thats awesome! Good find buddy! You say they didnt give a price huh? I would expect it to be a pretty penny from Borla, but still well worth it!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Someone's gonna ask so why not me, anyone know if this will this fit both the SS and non-ss models?

Permafried-

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That's good news..

I'd like to see/ hear some SS's breathin' better. Not to mention see some low ET's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Permafried-
According to the e-mail I got as well from David Borla, it will fit non-supercharged too. :)
E-mail listed the same part # as what cobaltssblue said.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
price will be around 600-700 like most of their other products. i don't think they have much below 500 and many above 800, unless it's for a really expensive sports car

·
Registered
392 Posts
Man.... All of these exhausts costing over 500 dollars sucks.

I know that these are all the first parts out for the car so they WILL be expensive, but damn..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the cost for borla probucts is well worth it. the quality and slip fit you get is second to none. i have installed 2 other exhausts for 2 diffrent cars and they all went o with out a glitch. and they have great sound. they have a general sound clip on there website.

·
Registered
543 Posts
cobaltssblue said:
the cost for borla probucts is well worth it. the quality and slip fit you get is second to none. i have installed 2 other exhausts for 2 diffrent cars and they all went o with out a glitch. and they have great sound. they have a general sound clip on there website.
agreed here, it took me all of 30 mins. to put my cat-back on, that was time putting it up on the lift removing the old, and on with the new.
I really want to hear a sound clip of a CSS w/ aftermarket exhaust also.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh heck yes, I love Borla. I had the Borla rebel 500 side-exhaust on my mustang awhile back....deepest, meanest growl ever, and like everyone said..install was a breeze. I can't wait to hear it on the CSS!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the Borla sound like a good 'ol American Muscle Car?
Please say yes, I don't want the 'rice' sound! I don't want to buy it and be disappointed.

Does it add any hp?

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Maybe a lil, but your not gonna get that V8 sound unless you get a V8, sad I know, Im with you Id also like to have a Camaro SS sittin right beside my "someday" (lol) Cobalt SS!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
CoBIZZLE, I know the Camaro thing.... I had a black 96 Z28 for a year and that was music to my ears when I'd floor it!!! :D

At least the Borla for the Cobalt won't sound 'rice' then, can't wait to get it! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Golf Girl said:
Does the Borla sound like a good 'ol American Muscle Car?
Please say yes, I don't want the 'rice' sound! I don't want to buy it and be disappointed.
Can't make a 4 cyl sound like a V8. I have a 3 inch cat back and it's not bad, sounding.

Golf Girl said:
Does it add any hp?
I got about 10 ponies out of my 3 inch. Went from about 203 to 212HP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts