Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a black one for the wife and kids to match the SS coming at the end of the month. Looked at the Redline, just couldn't buy into it. Ion is a good car but the Cobalt SS is a great car. I do like all the upgrades and products available from Saturn, I hope Chevy will do the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salesman told me the Redline came standard with the LSD but couldn't prove it. Told me the "space frame" was better than the uni body of the SS. I couldn't see how with the big door opening (suicide doors) that it would not twist upon launch. The sticker was less. I liked the styling of the Ion but the clincher was the cloth inserts on the Recaro seats and they only come in blue. Oh, and the E. T. on the Ion is 14.7 vs. 14.4 on the SS. Go Chevy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
cobaltseller said:
Salesman told me the Redline came standard with the LSD but couldn't prove it. Told me the "space frame" was better than the uni body of the SS. I couldn't see how with the big door opening (suicide doors) that it would not twist upon launch. The sticker was less. I liked the styling of the Ion but the clincher was the cloth inserts on the Recaro seats and they only come in blue. Oh, and the E. T. on the Ion is 14.7 vs. 14.4 on the SS. Go Chevy!


No the redline does not have lsd.As far as the E.T goes they go back and forth sometime the redline is faster and other times the ss is faster no difference in times that part is a draw.Twist upon launch???????? no it does not happen that bad otherwise sunroofs would be breaking back windows would be cracking.The redline frame is very stout.I like the ss but the rl was cheaper for almost the same car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, bottom line, I work for Chevrolet, I'm getting the SS with the performance package. I would not want either the Ion or the SS without the LSD period. Or the Recaros for that matter. The Ion is for the wife and kids, the SS is for me, happy, happy, joy, joy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
cobaltseller said:
OK, bottom line, I work for Chevrolet, I'm getting the SS with the performance package. I would not want either the Ion or the SS without the LSD period. Or the Recaros for that matter. The Ion is for the wife and kids, the SS is for me, happy, happy, joy, joy!
At least you have the option of getting an LSD - unlike us poor folk up here who have to take what GM decides to send us which is no LSD or Recaro seats. But hey, we get block heaters :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,187 Posts
cobaltseller said:
OK, bottom line, I work for Chevrolet, I'm getting the SS with the performance package. I would not want either the Ion or the SS without the LSD period. Or the Recaros for that matter. The Ion is for the wife and kids, the SS is for me, happy, happy, joy, joy!

LOL yeah you need the fast car and she needs the car that will be reliable and get some good gas milage with all of the running with the kids. I am i right? :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16 Posts
Homewrecker said:
At least you have the option of getting an LSD - unlike us poor folk up here who have to take what GM decides to send us which is no LSD or Recaro seats. But hey, we get block heaters :rolleyes:

Do we really get block heaters on the Canadian SS, my dealer told me he did not think so. Any current Canadian SS owners willing to confirm if block heater is on car ??
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top